Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Looking for input: Who has had a wait4me tune, after having a different tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for input: Who has had a wait4me tune, after having a different tune?

I've had superchips, and a tune with hptuners, and i'm wondering how much better a jesse tune is. My hptuners tune, drives much better than the superchips tune, and appears to be a lil faster. Anyone had something else besides a wait4me? trying to decide if i should get one.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Teching In

I actually went from a pcmforless tune to a wait4me tune. I don't have anything bad at all to say about pcmforless, but Jesse's tune is just a little bit smoother. When I talked to Jesse after he had looked at Bryan's tune, he said "This has got to be the best tune for a F/I truck that I have ever seen besides mine." After that I had mine back in one day with no problems at all.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont think you will see much gain. maybe a few horses. if you want something specific done, then it might be worthit, but overall, probably not worth it. of course, for 75 you wont be losing much either
Old 07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Polka
I actually went from a pcmforless tune to a wait4me tune. I don't have anything bad at all to say about pcmforless, but Jesse's tune is just a little bit smoother. When I talked to Jesse after he had looked at Bryan's tune, he said "This has got to be the best tune for a F/I truck that I have ever seen besides mine." After that I had mine back in one day with no problems at all.

I just did the same thing. I needed an update and 4less charges, and for about the same price I get a new tune and free updates, I couldnt pass up the deal.

I installed the wait4me last night. I havent driven enough to see a HUGE improvement, but it is definitly smoother and a bit more power up top.

Did you just get someone to tune yours with HP? or do you have hptuners. If you have it, the stay with it and learn how to tune with it. Otherwise, it might be worth the wait4me simply for the updates.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

I had a Nelson tune and was very disapointed. I had problems with it right off the bat. There was so many codes I can't remember them all. I sent it back 3 times and each time got it back with a new problem. For the price of the tune and all the overnight shipping 500.00 plus dollars what a waste of money . I gave Jesse a call I got the 150.00 deal to keep my original PCM and he nailed the tune on the first shot. I am very happy with my 150.00 dollar tune. I have had it in for 3 months and about 4800 miles and it runs excellent. I reccommend Jesse to everyone. Three local guys that I had told about Jesse's tune and they are happy with there's . It was the best bang for the buck part that I have ever installed on one of my cars/trucks. And it only took 5 minutes to install, so that was a big plus for me.Just my 2 cents.