Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Looks like Edelbrocks heads actually perform!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zippy
it does have to to with LPE. even though WCCH finish ported the heads themselves, it was the better design of the head that lead to the big power numbers. LPE assisted Edelbrock in designing the head. they do CNC port the as customer bought cylinder heads, but there is more to the head than it's final porting. as shown in the test, both heads were ported by WCCH and the Edelbrock made more power because of it's superior design, not because WCCH ported that head better than their other head.
this is what Im going off of
"First off, these heads are CNC finished by us and not to be confused with the heads that Edelbrock is offering with Lingenfelter’s CNC ports (part#61969)"

I was under the impression that LPE just did the porting and edelbrock designed the heads. Im sure richard can clarify
Old 11-27-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i believe he was just making the point when he said that to state they they weren't using the pre-ported set that edelbrock sells which are CNC'd by LPE as shipped. they took the as cast heads and ported them to their own spec's. it appears by the numbers that between the new design of the head and their excellent port work that they are getting some very good power numbers from them.