Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Lots Of ?'s Need Answers

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Firestone 16's(all round)which is what I run(need slicks now) at the track and they are really sticky tires. I will definetly buy them again. For the price they are hard to beat!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya i know this but warrenty . also cna i switch my two piece steel driveshaft out for a aluinum one off a extended cab z71 . my buddy has one and my 2 wd has a two piece why is that . thats a lot of power and weight at the wheels
Old 10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you got steel driveshafts? i got a long shiny aluminium and i dont have a z-71
Old 10-05-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

thats what im saying all extended cab z71's ive seen are alum one piece , but the 2wd ones are two piece steel . wouldnt this help me a lkot with power and weight , and lesss **** to fix with carrier bearins and so on
Old 10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the length on it, I think the 4wd drive shaft is a LOT shorter than the 2wd. I know mine is on my RC Z-71
Old 10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

oh **** that right , the tranny is different and the transfer case . do i have any other alternatives . i wanna get rid of it .

and any other answer for my other questions
Old 10-05-2005, 03:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

1.also now , can i run asm mid lenth headers and not void my warrenty. and willl running longtubes

-Should not effect warrenty except obviously the exhaust warrenty

2.and having a custom y pipe with cats mounted further back void my warrenty?

-Yes this can void emissions Warrenty and fail emissions eyou can by NO means change placement of factory cats

3.also i really dont wanna bother with the down time of a custom tune , or having to get a relearn , or when chevy clears it sending it back . so what programer is the best to use . predator seems a little advance for me to figure out on my own quickly . im not dumb or anything just i saw some kid try using one he just got and didnt have a clue what he was doing .

-Predator is very simple to use and down load it is just when you get into custom tuning you need to know what you are doing. Jesse at Wait For Me Performance is More than reasonable in his tunes and you can keep you stock computer if needed-Very good choice.

4.also is the 3 inch pipe off my cat back run out the back with no muffler hurting my performance at all ? i think i lost a lot of bottom end , just when i hit it around 3500 or so it starts mad pulling on people im racing , but before that im next to them or behind them and then boom it starts pullin so hard .

-Yes this will effect lowend greatly a good free flowing muffler like MagnaFlow should keep the lowend and gain the topend as well.

5.also for just having my muffler cut off and almost a full tank of gas running in 90 degree weather was a 15.9 good ? also the truck only had like 1500 miles on it

-Sounds pretty good to me practice makes everything better

6.whats the average increase in the 1/4 mile with a brute force intake .

-Not sure I built my own

7.also whats a good performance tire to run on my stock 17 inch alloys . size and all with price . the cheap generals are wore out already with 6300 miles on the truck

-Stop doing big smoke shows

-And yes the 4x4 shafts are shorter due to the transfer case you should be able to have a custom single shaft made to fit.

Nate
Old 10-05-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

damn dude now thats some help right there . so as long as i dont move my cats im safe . meaning running mid lengths and have the piping from the header to the cats shortened but not moving the cats i will be fine correct . also with jesse's tunes a lot of them need relearns . and my dealership is gonna ask a million questions on why i need one . and i cant think of anyone with a snap on tool aorund who willl let me use it .

and whats funny about the tires is . i just now rotated them around 5k . and the fronts were tore up to just from turning , these are the worst tires ive ever seen in my life . the rears ones looked better at least the burnouts it did till tm kicked in left the thread smooth .

now will a 2/4 drop and 275-60 not rub on my truck . and will the 245-70 rub ? thanks guys . i read this site everyday clickin on new post and i read things a most of my questions were answered these are just things stuck on my mind that id like to ask on my own .
Old 10-05-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
now will a 2/4 drop and 275-60 not rub on my truck . and will the 245-70 rub ? thanks guys . i read this site everyday clickin on new post and i read things a most of my questions were answered these are just things stuck on my mind that id like to ask on my own .
Either size will be fine with a 2/4 drop; you'll have plenty of clearance.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:38 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

now will a 2/4 drop and 275-60 not rub on my truck . and will the 245-70 rub ? thanks guys
245/70-17 will not rub on a 2/4
275/60-17 will not rub on a 2/4

i have pictures of both the factory 245/70's and the toyo 275/60's on my truck. the drop is somewhere around 4/5 and no rubbing issues. check the car domain link down in my sig for the pics.

Quick Reply: Lots Of ?'s Need Answers