Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Low cost Meth/Alcohol injection kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnacharger does not recommend meth/alky injection. Much like a pulley change, you'd be expecting a significant impact on your warranty. I've always accepted that I do what I do with a "You break it, you bought it" mentality
Old 03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Magnacharger does not recommend meth/alky injection. Much like a pulley change, you'd be expecting a significant impact on your warranty. I've always accepted that I do what I do with a "You break it, you bought it" mentality
Well, like you said, they don't recommend it, just like they don't recommend smaller pulleys. But smaller pulleys can be run with no damage if tuning is done. What I'm interested in is if they don't recommend meth/alky it because of warranty issues (a la a smaller pulley), or if it is because it actually causes damage (as the talk about impeller corrosiveness alludes to).
Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just so everyone knows, SMC does sell a progressive controller now. $100. Just ordered one. The guy at smc, (scott?) said i need to scale down my PE table when using alcohol because the alcohol WILL effect my A/F ratio. He also claims it will increase my octane significantly.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Well, like you said, they don't recommend it, just like they don't recommend smaller pulleys. But smaller pulleys can be run with no damage if tuning is done. What I'm interested in is if they don't recommend meth/alky it because of warranty issues (a la a smaller pulley), or if it is because it actually causes damage (as the talk about impeller corrosiveness alludes to).
I've said all I can/should. Call the tech line like I did.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
I've said all I can/should. Call the tech line like I did.
I'm actually not that interested, as I will likely not be doing it. I was just curious as to if it was possible. I guess if you know, but can't/won't share, that's cool.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Naked AV
I'm curious as well. dcairns has a SMC kit on his Radix'd SS - http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/in...075&hl=alcohol

I can't imagine having corrosion issues with a atomized mist of alcohol or meth that probably instantly evaporates when it hits the blower....but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I'm going to try to get a bigger heat exchanger to fit in my cramped grill area and if that doesn't work out I'll definitely be heading to an alky/meth system. I'm willing to take the risk.