Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LPP Header and Y Pics.... not installed... 56K warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no kidding, waiting on a couple more parts to come in so i can get these things on, easily i hope. fwiw, you can't go wrong with the SWs that you got.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
no kidding, waiting on a couple more parts to come in so i can get these things on, easily i hope. fwiw, you can't go wrong with the SWs that you got.
Yah the SW's look very nice, I am def happy with them, but I paid a hunsky more for just my headers, there not polished . I wonder if the polished ones will get the famous surface rust on them.. Only thing I see different is the LPP are not as tight(tube paths) as the SW's Def keep us posted..
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Big Country.Those are a nice set of headers and ory you have there.Keep us posted on the install and gains.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Yah the SW's look very nice, I am def happy with them, but I paid a hunsky more for just my headers, there not polished . I wonder if the polished ones will get the famous surface rust on them.. Only thing I see different is the LPP are not as tight(tube paths) as the SW's Def keep us posted..
You may have paid more, but you'll be happy with them. Mine went in like a piece of cake, I used all of the slip fit pipes, and I'm leak free. I did use some copper hi-temp rtv on the slip fits though. For some reason I thought you said you were going to weld on some v-bands though...
Old 02-14-2009, 05:31 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have some SW headers and Y for my Camaro. I had to take it to a local muffler shop and have them redo it.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
well 321 is not "supposed" to rust and I will have the red *** if they do. But here in Louisiana, there will be no salt, haha, what's that. So hopefully it'll be OK. My OBXs had a little bluing but still look good today, even though they are in someone elses driveway
Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very nice looking man...... they look awesome..

man those things make my pacesetters look like crap... i got the coated ones.. but mine are surface rusting on the underneath... by the collectors and wye pipe......

and thats about what i paid for mine... i paid a little less..

and those clamps are a great idea i wish i wouldve known that before i put on the clamps that came with the headers.. i couldnt get them off when i went to pull the trans.. had to cut them and get that type of clamps.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

i think i might be looking into getting A set of these my pacesetters suck
Old 02-14-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
i think i might be looking into getting A set of these my pacesetters suck
haha.. i bet they suck living up north.. i live in louisiana and mine are rusting.. i can only imagine up north....

i cant lie though i love the way they sound and i cant complain they def helped my truck....
Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

damn fred we're almost neighbors.... where do yo run your truck, SCD or NPR? You ran 13.6 with a 6.0 running a 4.8L tune?

Quick Reply: LPP Header and Y Pics.... not installed... 56K warning