Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LPPs installed... Best money spent...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LPPs installed... Best money spent...

Almost every postive thing said in this thread is 99% how i feel...

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=437962

my only issue was the 90 degree pipe wasnt streatched enough to fit over the drivers side header... so took it to a exhaust shop and had it popped an extra half a mm... if that...

my biggest WTF is on teh drivers side theres ONLY 4 holes for bolts... I wish I got pics of this but ya... strange set of heads on that side to only have 4 holes... But that i know of no leaks...

took around 2hrs (had a lift, and a help with a local oil change place) minus the lunch break and lil breaks... lol

like mighty whitey said... his exhaust tone mellowed out and such... mine did too... hate to say it but it nearly sounds bone stock till a few WOTs even with my cam (216/224 551/551 115lsa) cant even tell its in there... needs a retune bad though lol...

take off and such is day and night diffrence, and i ran with out cats and before i had a mild drone inside teh cab... NOTHING... sounds stock... Ive heard how Pacesetters dynatech etc have all produced a nastey drone or just

Gunna order a set of LPPs for my dad come fathers day... Hes gunna love them just as much as I have... Also I need to torq down teh bolts just a tad more and they will be fine... oh and 2 more band clamps which amazingly seal very nicely...
Old 03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad that you're happy with them, it's good to hear some positive results with these headers.

Are you saying that there's only 4 bolt holes where the headers bolt to the heads? There's something wrong there, maybe the holes weren't drilled? That sounds like a future leak waiting to happen. Maybe take a pic and contact LPP and they'll send you a header that's been machined correctly.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:30 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the header only had 4 bolt holes send that thing back,thats not rite..
Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

no no... the heads them selfs only had the 4 holes...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:48 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure that there isn't any bolts broken off flush in the heads? I'd like to see a pic of this...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Faze2183
no no... the heads them selfs only had the 4 holes...
impossible.

pics or ban.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Sure that there isn't any bolts broken off flush in the heads? I'd like to see a pic of this...
im 99% sure... i kept tryin to put that bolt in there and it wouldnt go in at all... so the guy that was helpin me from the bottom side came up and he tried and we then moved the header/gasket out of the way and we didnt see anything... i thought i was seeing things... but theres only 4 total holes... we pulled 3 bolts from that side even... ill see if i cant get a pic but its a tight fit down there...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Faze2183
im 99% sure... i kept tryin to put that bolt in there and it wouldnt go in at all... so the guy that was helpin me from the bottom side came up and he tried and we then moved the header/gasket out of the way and we didnt see anything... i thought i was seeing things... but theres only 4 total holes... we pulled 3 bolts from that side even... ill see if i cant get a pic but its a tight fit down there...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Lolol
Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

If your talking about the hole that should be all the way forward then something might be broken off. when i first did my headers there a threaded stud in the front bolt hole right from the factory. I installed the headers and it wasn't 30 miles before it was leaking. the thing that sucked was that the stud had a rounded shank and i had to use a very small pipe wrench and a pipe to break it free from the block. Maybe your stud broke off. BTW i still have no clue in hell why GM would just eliminate the front the bolt on the driver side header.

Quick Reply: LPPs installed... Best money spent...