Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LQ4 or Cam and headers......

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dood, go with headers and a cam for that price on the 6. A buddy of mine got one around here locally for 750 I htink. Whoever's selling that one for that much is sticking it to you in a big time kinda way.

www.car-parts.com
Old 09-18-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well, after looking at the stuff on that site, that doesn't seem like such a bad price.

eBay faired a little better results though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I still think that 1500 is to much for a 6.0. You can get an ls1 for almost that much.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Unfortunately, its not a stroker. I started off with basically no mods, so by the time I bought the 6.0L, got the head work, the cam, the springs, the built 4l60, the stall, exhaust work, tune, labor for installation of everything, and the rest of the bolt ons and other gaskets, etc., I have alittle over $7000 in it. I would bet money my 99 blue book value isn't even that high.lol. My truck has been a definate slow process( hence the user name). I wasted my first year with the truck, putting on bug shields, vent visors, lund inserts, blackouts, etc. One summer was spent on wheels, tires, suspension. One summer was spent on the video/audio setup. Last summer was spent on exterior stuff, cowl hood, mirrors, handles, grille inserts, blah blah. This summer has been totally dedicated to performance, since I graduated college in May and can actually afford to do this crap. Next summer, 4 link and bags with maybe a slightly larger wheel setup. Who knows, it's still early.

Originally Posted by Lone Chev
$7-8000 you must be putting in a stroker. I'm sitting at about $25,000 in my truck right now. Which I don't think is to bad. I have got pretty smoking deals on everything I have done so far. It's good to have friends at wrecking yards!!
Old 09-18-2004, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Unfortunately, its not a stroker. I started off with basically no mods, so by the time I bought the 6.0L, got the head work, the cam, the springs, the built 4l60, the stall, exhaust work, tune, labor for installation of everything, and the rest of the bolt ons and other gaskets, etc., I have alittle over $7000 in it. I would bet money my 99 blue book value isn't even that high.lol. My truck has been a definate slow process( hence the user name). I wasted my first year with the truck, putting on bug shields, vent visors, lund inserts, blackouts, etc. One summer was spent on wheels, tires, suspension. One summer was spent on the video/audio setup. Last summer was spent on exterior stuff, cowl hood, mirrors, handles, grille inserts, blah blah. This summer has been totally dedicated to performance, since I graduated college in May and can actually afford to do this crap. Next summer, 4 link and bags with maybe a slightly larger wheel setup. Who knows, it's still early.
Oh..I see you have alot of the pretty stuff. Not that I don't want it but I was lucky enough to buy a truck that was already lowered on 20's. I blacked out the windows and called it good.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flyer
Well, after looking at the stuff on that site, that doesn't seem like such a bad price.

eBay faired a little better results though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I still think that 1500 is to much for a 6.0. You can get an ls1 for almost that much.
Now I didn't think that $1450 was to bad for a motor with everything but computer. Thanks for the link. I have been on ebay all morning and never saw that. Does everthing from a 5.3 bolt right up to a 6.0?
Old 09-18-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

externally, yes, internally it gets a little grayed. The valve train will all work. You could sell those heads for ~300. For that price you can look at saving a few more dollars and getting a shortblock. APE has a special going on in the sponser section. Nothing that cheap, but it sitll might be an option for you.