Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
View Poll Results: Patriot or WCCH LQ9 heads
Patriot LQ9 heads
35.00%
WCCH LQ9 heads
65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LQ9 heads: Patriot or WCCH and why

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LQ9 heads: Patriot or WCCH and why

ok guys, i'm trying to pick some heads to strap to a blown 408. AFR or ET heads are not in my budget. I want LQ9 heads ported and with a valve job. Patriots are the cheapest I've found and have no core charge. WCCH are only $100ish more but require core exchange or $400.

help me choose.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
ok guys, i'm trying to pick some heads to strap to a blown 408. AFR or ET heads are not in my budget. I want LQ9 heads ported and with a valve job. Patriots are the cheapest I've found and have no core charge. WCCH are only $100ish more but require core exchange or $400.

help me choose.
I've seen the patriots in person and they look pretty sweat but then again ive never seen the WCCH in person. One other note is Ive heard nothing but good from the WCCH heads while Ive heard some bad stories about the Patriots heads so Im going to vote for the WCCH! Good Luck!

lator
Justin
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

You might want to take a look at the new Dart heads . . . if they have a decent chamber size available. I think their as cast size is 62-ish, but I've read that shortly after release they would offer a CNC'd chamber in larger sizes. Prices that I've seen for the as cast are very reasonable (~ $1300)

Here's a link to one of the sponsors that has them.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Dan, I'd tend to agree on the waiting a little while idea. So far as we've seen the WCCH heads only have one guy on the board who's actually installed them and doesn't have the expected results yet. Hopefully the tuning gets it where it should be. And who knows... the Darts just might actually make a larger chambered head...

I'm taking no action as far as heads until there is some solid data posted from forum members.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

I went with the WCCH. I had brand new 317s and all of the parts. Richard is awesome when it comes to customer service, the best hands down. The flow numbers matched my cam and really that is what made my choice easy. Give Richard a call, he will answer all of your question and help in any way possible.
I also feel he is more truck oriented, his head is designed for a mild lift cam. The flow peaks around 550-575. This is just my opinion. Your cam will equal big into your choice also.
I gained alittle but, not as much as I hoped. NONE of my problem is related to the heads. My truck is out of injector, which is causing it to lay over at 5400. My truck shifts at 6400, so I am giving up alot cause of this. I will have dyno numbers in 2 weeks, Its going to Bryan Herter to be dynotuned with 42lb injectors. I think when this is straightened out I can get into the 13s on the stock stall, That will be great for a AWD SS.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:36 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Dan, I'd tend to agree on the waiting a little while idea. So far as we've seen the WCCH heads only have one guy on the board who's actually installed them and doesn't have the expected results yet. Hopefully the tuning gets it where it should be. And who knows... the Darts just might actually make a larger chambered head...

I'm taking no action as far as heads until there is some solid data posted from forum members.

I think once he gets his injector issues handled he will be making the power......

My vote is for Richard.....hands down one of the best heads I ever used.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my vote is for the DART heads they are priced comparable and will outflow all of them, they are cast and flow 300+ UNPORTED
Old 11-18-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanaliHD

help me choose.
my votes for WCCH
I was in about the same position as you're in

I ended up with the WCCH
and couldnt be more satisfied

my full results are still in the works (break-in and tuning still happening )
so no wot yet
only feedback I can give is the outstanding CS
and part throttle which has me smiling ear to ear

going with WCCH has been the best decision Ive made
Old 11-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
my vote is for the DART heads they are priced comparable and will outflow all of them, they are cast and flow 300+ UNPORTED
Me too thats what I have been trying to tell everyone and thats why I got them imagine a set of those fully ported
Old 11-19-2005, 06:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You guy's relieze that 300cfm can support 800-850hp? Right? Why isn't anybody getting that much NA?

Quick Reply: LQ9 heads: Patriot or WCCH and why