Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

"LS1 Cheyenne" My project.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.

To make a long story short, I used to have a 02 TA which I totalled. I still have the car and needed something to put the LS1/T56 combo in. First I wanted a third gen camaro but after the accident my insurance skyroketed since im only 20. So I figure hey buy an old used truck and make it my sleeper and save on insurance. So check out the pics and tell me what you think, any advice is welcome. I should be getting started some time in October and guessing have it done for my christmas present. Right now im thinking use alot of the stuff from the car such as the fuel tank and to avoid the issue with the fuel rail returnless system. Again and advice/help is welcome cus i know problems will arise ill keep yall updated thanks.

The donor

the truck

The motor
Old 09-26-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Links no work, What year is the truck you are swaping into?
Old 09-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Ok, so how do you post pics? No links I just wanna throw the pics out there. The truck is a 91, 4.3, V6, shortbed, 2WD cheyenne, it used to be a manual but now is an auto (dont ask why). The car was a 02 TA with the six speed.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

You can add a pic as an attachment, Farmtruck has done a ls1 swap into an OBS truck.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im doing a ls1 swap into my 89 chevy too. Should be fun blowing apart some f-bodys with a truck!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Sorry I havent fixed the pictures, Ok i tried again so they should work this time. Check the attachments, there is a picture of the car and the truck. The truck is not the prettiest but for $1500 i dont think is bad. Im gonna have to get rid of the "I work for the city yellow" paint job. It needs alot of work but right now I just want it to run with the LS1 in it.
Attached Thumbnails "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-rods-car-1.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-pcdv0002.jpg  
Old 09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Dang, that was a nice car. Sorry to hear about that...

The truck should be a hoot when you're done though.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That poor car.......I want your wheels.

Cant wait to see the "LS1 truck" in action man.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Default It begins now.

Oright guys first thing is first, pull the motor and tranny out. As of right now I've been working alone but should be getting some help soon. I got a few questions though how do you disconnect the fuel lines on pic 008 and 009. Its the only thing keeping from pulling the intake manifold completly off. Other than that everything is already pretty much off. Wait can the engine and tranny come out together? or separetly? and where do I mount the chains from the cherry picker? Well any other advice or suggestions are welcome thanks enjoy the pics. Oh one more thing when I pulled the Intake manifold off there was like a whole bunch of sand on the valley cover, also the ports of the heads got alot of grime and sand any thoughts? (pic 0014)
Attached Thumbnails "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-pcdv0008.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-pcdv0009.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-pcdv0011.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-pcdv0010.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-pcdv0014.jpg  

Old 10-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

I can't really see the pic, I guess my monitor sux, but to disconnect the fuel line, go to your local auto parts store and get yourself a $5 set of quick disconnects for fuel lines. Very easy to use!

later,

allen

Quick Reply: "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.