Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

"LS1 Cheyenne" My project.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would keep the city yellow and just limo tint the windows. would be a sweet sleeper
Old 10-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Default Got the goodies!

Finally I got the motor and tranny out the car. The only complications were that no one, i mean no one carried the tool that i needed to disconnect the clutch hydro line, so i had to take the ez route out and cut it, sorry. N E ways while the motor is out im going to slap a new set of 1.85 rocker arms, LS6 springs, spec clutch and thats bout it. Any comments or help will be helpful. My only concerns now are the harness and the fuel system.
Attached Thumbnails "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-motor1.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-motor2.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-motor3.jpg   "LS1 Cheyenne" My project.-custom-bumper.jpg  
Old 10-18-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dam,why u take all that off the motor?
Old 10-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JJsSS
dam,why u take all that off the motor?
I had to take alot of stuff off b/c since the car is wrecked, all the front end was really pushed back towards the engine. So i needed as much room as possible so most of the accesories had to come off, besides some of them where broken from the crash such as the power steering pump. Hey as far the truck goes, if I use most of the car's fuel system components will I still have to get 97 corvette style fuel rail? And what the heck is VATS and do i really have to get a new wiring harness? Help is apreciate it the sooner I get all the planning straight the sooner I can get this done.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Instead of the rocker arms I think I should get a cam instead? I was looking at this cam from Thunder R. do I really need new gaskets? The package includes the springs and the cam's got 220/220, 551,551 and 112 LSA. I need the truck as my daily so I can't go all out. Come on guys post some replies.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RICEBURNR
I had to take alot of stuff off b/c since the car is wrecked, all the front end was really pushed back towards the engine. So i needed as much room as possible so most of the accesories had to come off, besides some of them where broken from the crash such as the power steering pump. Hey as far the truck goes, if I use most of the car's fuel system components will I still have to get 97 corvette style fuel rail? And what the heck is VATS and do i really have to get a new wiring harness? Help is apreciate it the sooner I get all the planning straight the sooner I can get this done.
yeh you will have to get a new wiring harness because your gauges will not read properly unless you change the under dash wiring and the gauges aa well, which is feesable if you know what you are doing. I have a 93 with a 4.3 that i am swapping for an 04 5.3. i am going to change all the wiring and gauges. it is a lot of work. but never give up. smoken rice n taken thier women
Old 10-19-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

I would get a used cam over the rocker arms, since the new ones are so much money, but thats just me. BIGBOS has a cam for sale in the forced induction forum.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224455

It is slightly better than stock, and would produce some good torque in that engine. But by far the most popular route to go is the TR 224 cashaft. With your manual trans, having that cam on a 112lsa would work well for a daily driver. Rear end gears would probaly need to be swapped to something like a 4.10, since there is a lot of mass to move with a truck, and the T56's ratios are not as deep as truck ratios.

AS far as he fuel system goes, you will need to swap out the pump in the tank for a high pressure unit. The TBI system uses about 15psi, while the LSx series engines use 58 psi. You might be able to use the stock intank pump as a feeder to a high pressure boot pump along the frame rail. The TBI system uses a return line so you could use the 97 fuel rail if you want to keep the TBI return line.

Good luck, and I bet that truck will haul when done.