Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS1 fans with nelson harness......helpppppp

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright, back to checking it out. im also gonna try and look at the harness for loose conections etc. Im wondering if since the harness didnt come with the relays like it should have, maybe it got thrown in my box prematurly, and had not been totally finished? Could happen who knows. Right now im not counting anything out.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:03 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
alright, back to checking it out. im also gonna try and look at the harness for loose conections etc. Im wondering if since the harness didnt come with the relays like it should have, maybe it got thrown in my box prematurly, and had not been totally finished? Could happen who knows. Right now im not counting anything out.
Good luck man, hope you get it figured out. I guess antything's possible.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dub Silverado
Im pretty sure im in the right green wire.....even if not, that would just mean that the ac fan would not come on if i understand things correctly. I will go try and switch the ground and see what happens although that doesnt seem to be the problem since i already tested it. Ill go out there anc check though.
Not trying to make you do more work or what not. But your problem could be your on the wrong wire and Allen didn't set the fans to come on in the tune. You have a good power supply, a good ground, and a set of working fans. This leaves for a bad harness(unlikely), wrong relay(possible), or what I said above. Hope you get this fixed this has tobe irritating for you.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by OLD BULL
Not trying to make you do more work or what not. But your problem could be your on the wrong wire and Allen didn't set the fans to come on in the tune. You have a good power supply, a good ground, and a set of working fans. This leaves for a bad harness(unlikely), wrong relay(possible), or what I said above. Hope you get this fixed this has tobe irritating for you.
Dub also tried grounding the PCM wire and the fans still didn't come on...that basically bypasses the PCM turn on, so I'm thinkin the problem's gotta be with the relays or harness. (the pcm may be an issue too, probably best to perform the tests by grounding the blue pcm wire manually)
Old 06-11-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I grounded the blue wire manually, still nothing. I unplugged the ac wire, still nothing. I changed the grounds to the other bolt, still nothing. I opened up the wire loom to look at the wires, and everything seems to be ok. All the relay plugs seem to be making good contact and the wires going into them seem to be secure as well. I dont see any breaks in the wire, or anything else that grabs my attention. In my opinion either the relays were not wired right, the ones i bought were not correct, or the tune was not done properly to turn on the fans. I don tknow what else to do, and I have left allen two messaged but i doubt hes in the shop today. Hopefully he can diagnose this on monday and overnight me parts if necesarry. I think im gonna ask him to wire in a switch with the new harness if he has to send me a new one. Thanks for all the help guys, and trust me i dont mind doin more things that you suggest, so keep them comin.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill be out changin my oil in the meantime, so if anyone thinks of anything please dont hesitate to post, no matter what the idea is, i wanna hear it.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:40 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Even if the tune wasn't done correctly, manully grounding the blue PCM wire should turn them on. Maybe the harness and/or relays are incorrectly wired. Last thing...I know it sounds silly...are you sure that the connectors to the fans themselves are making good contact?

Sorry this isn't working out for you man
Old 06-11-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont see how the conectors to the fans could make any better conections. They are stock style plugs, and i have undone and redone them several times. I have also taken the plugs off with the truck running hot, and tested the wires to the plugs, and there is no juice, so there is no power getting to the fans themselves. I honestly think either the relays i bought are not working right, or the plugs that I plugged the relays into are not wired correctly. That is my honest hypothosis. I know that mistakes happen, and no hard feelings toward allen or his company but it really sucks that this happened on the weekend, and now i cant get a hold of him till monday hopefully. Oh well, i think im just gonna go buy a toggle switch ant turn them on with that temporarily.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:58 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

another couple stupid questions but since were not counting anything out...

are you sure that the A/C button is on inside of your truck? if that little yellow light isnt turned on, your ac compressor wont kick on making your fans not come on...

are you leaving the A/C on long enough for the compressor to kick on? youll hear it make a tick when it kicks on.

are you sure your ground and + arent crossed backwords? the side with the 2 blue wires goes to the power box and the 2 black wires go to the alt bracket.

stupid questions, i know but everyone makes stupid mistakes. if all that is right, i want to say its the relays. whats the chances that the pcm AND the AC wont turn the fans on...
Old 06-11-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

oh, and you did use the pcm plug closest to the engine to put pin 42 right.

Quick Reply: LS1 fans with nelson harness......helpppppp