Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS1 swapped into truck! 56k warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 04:57 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I meant to ask you how the driveability is w/ Nelson's tune. Any warm start issues? Does it hunt for idle or surge at all? I really need to get mine dialed in--it's making good power, just doesn't have quite the manners that I'd hoped for.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driveablitly is good with the tune. I believe there is just a little bit of tweaking to get it just perfect. Occasionally it wants to die when the engine is warm. If I rev it a few times and hold the rpms around 800, it will settle into an idle, and everything is fine. Its doesnt do this all the time, so I am just taking my time getting back with Allen because I know he is swamped with buisness right now. I dont get any surging at all, just a steady choppy idle with the cam. My 224 with the 114 LSA sounds badass, I can only imagine how your 112 LSA sounds.

Hopefully this sound clip works. Quality is not the greatest, but it gets the job done. HERE
Old 12-26-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Sweet truck man-mine will be ready this week sometime with everything installed listed in my sig!!!! Next comes appearance stuff like roll pan etc!!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:01 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Originally Posted by VicRed4.8
Driveablitly is good with the tune. I believe there is just a little bit of tweaking to get it just perfect. Occasionally it wants to die when the engine is warm. If I rev it a few times and hold the rpms around 800, it will settle into an idle, and everything is fine. Its doesnt do this all the time, so I am just taking my time getting back with Allen because I know he is swamped with buisness right now. I dont get any surging at all, just a steady choppy idle with the cam. My 224 with the 114 LSA sounds badass, I can only imagine how your 112 LSA sounds.

Hopefully this sound clip works. Quality is not the greatest, but it gets the job done. HERE
Sounds good man! I think the 112 is a little choppier, but until I get headers and cutouts or nix the cats, I won't have that mean sound that you've got.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

True. When I cap my exhaust up and run it through my magnaflow, it sounds alot different. Its alot louder inside the cab then my 4.8 was. I need somebody to volunteer to drive it for me so I can hear how it sounds on the outside.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:25 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I need somebody to volunteer to drive it for me so I can hear how it sounds on the outside.

be there in 36 hours
Old 12-28-2004, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

I encountered this beast up close yesturday - and it is one awesome truck. Driveability is great, shifts great, and man - it freaking pulls!

Have fun with it Austin
Old 12-28-2004, 11:25 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

True. When I cap my exhaust up and run it through my magnaflow, it sounds alot different. Its alot louder inside the cab then my 4.8 was. I need somebody to volunteer to drive it for me so I can hear how it sounds on the outside.
If you don't have any takers by the time you get to FL, I'll be more than happy to help you out!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by O3GMC
I encountered this beast up close yesturday - and it is one awesome truck. Driveability is great, shifts great, and man - it freaking pulls!

Have fun with it Austin

Hey, just in case you were wondering, I made it home without anymore complications thank goodness. Yesterday just wasnt a good day for the fluids in my engine. We will have to meet up again after I get my small traction problem fixed up Oh, I was also pleased with my first Radix Experience. You just made me want to be boosted even more.

Originally Posted by Scream
If you don't have any takers by the time you get to FL, I'll be more than happy to help you out!
I might have to take you up on that.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey, just in case you were wondering, I made it home without anymore complications thank goodness. Yesterday just wasnt a good day for the fluids in my engine. We will have to meet up again after I get my small traction problem fixed up Oh, I was also pleased with my first Radix Experience. You just made me want to be boosted even more.

I might have to take you up on that.
I volunteer for you my truck should be done thursday-friday!! We all need to meet up sometime me,you,and 03gmc!!!!!

Quick Reply: LS1 swapped into truck! 56k warning