Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS1edit and autotap ordered..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1edit and autotap ordered..

Just ordered my LS1edit and my autotap. The autotap should be here friday and the LS1edit will be shipped in about 2 weeks Kenny (BigKID) Danial (supermandan) and another friend all went in together. This should be fun. Ive been looking over all the documentation about the program and it seems like we should be able to get some real good gains. Ive found some help on the engine programming. The guy is named Chris Johnson from Johnson Motor Sports (www.jmschip.com). He is a major ford performance programmer. He said the tuning on the street would be $150/hr and on the dyno will be $300/hr. Ive seen him get some major hp gains from lightnings and mustangs. He is one of the best in tuning superchargers and turbos.

To the guys that have LS1 edit already on your trucks what kinds of problems did you have and how do you like it??

John Cannon
www.sshotrods.com
Old 09-23-2002, 03:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: LS1edit and autotap ordered..

TTT
Old 09-23-2002, 08:40 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1 edit seems to be a pretty good product. It is much better than hypertech or those type programmers. It gives you many more options to configure than those other products. It is great if you start making major changes to your vehicle. It has a pretty big learning curve to understand all of the details, but a semi-novice can make easy changes with no problem - shift points, rev limiter, top speed limiter, etc... For advanced features, you need to learn how certain features in the PCM affect other areas. Once you get a grip on how fueling, timing, knock, air flow, etc... are related, your tuning gets better.

When its all said and done, it may be better to get it tuned on the dyno once by a competent LS1 edit tuner. Then you can just make minor tweaks to that program yourself as needed. Otherwise, be prepared to spend a lot of time logging with autotap and quite a bit of trial and error on your programming.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Launching!

So doing simple tuning like shift points, TQ management, rev limiter,and other stuff Hypertech does is easy for a first timer? I'm fixing to order LS1Edit too but I want to be able to do this programming first couple of times out and not have to go to Thunder Racing to have time set simple things like that.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BigKID:
<strong>Has anyone on here that had a programmer such as the hypertech or superchips before LS1edit read in that file and compare it with the stock file to see what changed that manf made to the programming? That is one of the things I am really curioius about.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hypertech is what I used as a starting point.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:46 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have originals of my stock tuning and hypertech. It gave me something to base my tuning off of.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Has anyone on here that had a programmer such as the hypertech or superchips before LS1edit read in that file and compare it with the stock file to see what changed that manf made to the programming? That is one of the things I am really curioius about.