Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS6 fuel rails etc??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 fuel rails etc??

Does anyone know if the fuel rails from a car with an LS6 manifold are return style that will work with our earlier trucks?? I have an LS2 intake in the garage, but I think that would show a loss of power over the truck intake.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:49 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car rails are non return style
the 97/98 vette rails are return style
Old 03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Quik
the car rails are non return style
the 97/98 vette rails are return style
So they would bolt right up with the LS6 manifold?? Ive been doing some searching at it looks like with the Speartech bracket you can use the truck accessories. So for the swap for us truck guys with return style rails, you would need the intake, 97-98 fuel rails, speartech bracket, cut the water pump and use a rubber elbow on the water pump. Does this sound complete?? I appreciate it!! There is alot of info on the LS6 swap, but not much on using car fuel rails, injectors and still keeping the trck accessories.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:24 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can still use the stock rails off the truck ive read. but its not a pretty look. the cross over tube sits alot higher.

i read somewhere that you can use a non return fuel rail off a Fbody and swap your return system over to a nonreturn style by using a vette fuel filter/regulator. something about how it controls it down at filter. now im not 100% on this but i know a buddy of mine is doing a 2nd firebird with a LS1 in it and using a non returnline system and using the vette filter
Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am doing the swap as well. I am just waiting on the bracket from spear tech and the intake bolts, intake gasket, throttle bracket from GM. Should be in on monday. we will see. I did not have to touch the water pump. My truck has no cruise controll so I just cut the CC bracket off the throttle body. It's close but, it does not touch. I am using the ls1 intake though. I am using the stock fuel rail for now.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TURBO8
I am doing the swap as well. I am just waiting on the bracket from spear tech and the intake bolts, intake gasket, throttle bracket from GM. Should be in on monday. we will see. I did not have to touch the water pump. My truck has no cruise controll so I just cut the CC bracket off the throttle body. It's close but, it does not touch. I am using the ls1 intake though. I am using the stock fuel rail for now.
My reason for not wanting to use the truck rails is that I dont want to make spacers for the fuel rails or injectors. Keep us posted on how it goes and Im very anxious to see what the benefits are with a turbo
Old 03-19-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

I will post what ever info the dyno shop gives me. I am going to use a different dyno this time. Synergy is too booked, I can't get any dyno time for another two weeks. I'd like to see what kind of numbers I get with the wheels on. I think they will be lower. We will see.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

truck injectors are shorter than the cars

so using the truck injectors you would have to cut the intake FR lugs

using car injectors you would be dead on

only thing Im unclear on is the FPR
Is there or is there not a vac regulated FPR on the 97 vette?
doesnt anyone seem to know this

looking at the stock bin files The IFR is scaled like it isnt
Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

I went the the dealership and looked at the diagram of the 97 vette fuel rail and it looks like it is on the fuel rail. I asked the sales man and he said it was. He could be wrong thow. Yes I did have to change the o rings on the injectors. Intake bolts are longer for my intake (ls1 with no EGR)
Old 03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TURBO8
I went the the dealership and looked at the diagram of the 97 vette fuel rail and it looks like it is on the fuel rail. I asked the sales man and he said it was. He could be wrong thow. Yes I did have to change the o rings on the injectors. Intake bolts are longer for my intake (ls1 with no EGR)
It may be ...Im really unsure on that
Did you see a vac line running to it?
still trying to comprehend why they scale the IFR

same thing here on the bolts and orings

are the truck fuel lines long enough to hook up to the vette fuel rails?

Quick Reply: LS6 fuel rails etc??