Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS6 Intake Swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:08 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
quik some of your posts are quite aggrivating. i do have the patience to try but the thing is im about to leave for college and i dont have another vehicle to drive while this one sit in the driveway for a week or 2 while im trying to fab stuff up or put stuff back together. if you wanna talk about being in a hobby and stuff then what about your complete lack of desire to upgrade to the 80e in favor of demodding if in the situation...

anyways, i dont want to cause any trouble but IMO all that you need for a hobby is passion which i do have or i wouldnt be pouring all my $$$ into a piece of metal if i didnt love it. i know your circumstances with your transmission and i have extenuating circumstances and priorities which keep me from doing this on my own for now

now lets all be happy and agree on the fact that we all love your trucks.
the 80 situation, with non faulty parts things should hold up and its im not proven on the setup of a 80 is needed. yes i broke parts but the part i broke was actually a faulty one.

and that swap is 1 day tops!!!!!!!!! also dont college start in the fall? unles youre going for summer start and even then you have time to do the swap like i said its 1 day tops!! unless you do it the way i did and then you might have 2 days into it. 1 day for the wiring and other day for everything else with how the modded setup is you can easily do that in 1 day with a few simple tools. step up man, youll have more pride in it honestly an at such a young age later on the down the line it will help you out more and give you more confidence along with doing it yourself or with a buddy wil lsave you a fortune unless you got money to burn
Old 05-20-2006, 01:14 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea well my priorities are just in a different place, i figure ill have the truck all the time but the woman will be a good ways away so im spending time with her instead of the truck for this last but of time. im also going to be out of town from june to mid july. how can it be simple tools when you have to cut and bend and reweld the neck on WP 90*...i dont have great mechanical skill, yes i could get it through this but all the trial and error would have to come at the same time. messing with the manifold, fuel rails and various other 'cant run without them correct' things i would want to allow for some just in case i suck at it time. this mod isnt high on my list right now anyways as i have other things on the plate but when it comes maybe ill find the time
Old 05-20-2006, 01:19 AM
5 year bitches!

well best of luck and if you pay for it just make sure you dont get raped on price and as for the girl remember youre young and girls come and go. this girl here i doubt will be the one you settle down with so do what you got to do and learn from it.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:50 AM

yea i understand what you are saying but dont get all dr phil on me cuz for all you know we could be engaged and all that. obviously im not crazy and we arent but i know im young and all which is why im putting the truck on hold cuz it will always be there
Old 05-20-2006, 10:03 AM
5 year bitches!

go for sure thing like the truck!!!! listen,understand and learn young jedi...give it time and youll see

well atleast you got a girl and not a guy since everyone knows the saying about texas..............only queers and steers come from there and you aint no steer.........lol
Old 05-20-2006, 10:52 AM

you know what quik, i love texas and will always be here so suck on that!! ha ha
Old 05-20-2006, 12:12 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
you know what quik, i love texas and will always be here so suck on that!! ha ha
well good but letting you know what they say about texans hehe
Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

damn wong. looks like im not gunna be the first to do the swap. unless you completely stop you'll prolly finish before me. heres my 240z

i just got the engine yesterday. its a 5.3l lm7 but i got alittle something to keep up with your lq9

btw what transmission are you running?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jonus079
damn wong. looks like im not gunna be the first to do the swap. unless you completely stop you'll prolly finish before me. heres my 240z

i just got the engine yesterday. its a 5.3l lm7 but i got alittle something to keep up with your lq9

btw what transmission are you running?
you from oklahoma?..i know of a guy from a local forum doing some kinda turbo'd 5.3 conversion
Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

nahh im up in MD

Quick Reply: LS6 Intake Swap