Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS6 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Swap

Hey guys I gotta question that may have been answered before but I can't find it. I have a customer at my shop with a 05 silverado with the 5.3 and auto trans. He just bought a brand new LS6 with corvette badges and oil pan fresh from the factory. As you can figure he wants the swap done. My shop has done hundreds of swaps but we deal with inports so can you guys give me a heads up on what needs to be done for this swap before I agree to it. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

im pretty sure thats a returnless style fuel system so i dont think you would have any issues with that, use all the accesories off a camaro or firebird.. unless you use the truck intake..if you use the ls6 intake i dont know if the truck dbw thottle body's have the same bolt holes as the cable drivin ls6 thottle body. i think you would also have to swap oil pans..also it will need a tune..other than that it should be an easy swap
Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think all LS6 TB's are DBW, and the oil pan would be about the only thing to swap to get an LS6 in a truck.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Teching In

So the computers are compatable? No need to change the truck computer to vette style?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

The LS6 has different style injectors then the trucks (unless they changed since 02). They are different length and have a different plug so you will either need spacers for the truck injectors (call Katech) or you will need to change the wiring over to the LS1 style connectors, assuming you plan on using the LS6 manifold. If you are sticking with the truck manifold it will bolt right up but the stock injectors may not be big enough to handle an LS6. You will, as previously mentioned, need the accessories off of a camaro or some adaption parts to make your stuff work. I am just finishing up converting a 6.0 over to an LS6 manifold using most of the stock truck accessories so let me know if you need any help. Speartech has some good stuff you can get for it. You will also need to save your truck oil pan.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

forgot about the injectors..i used ls1 injectors and got the pigtails off a ws6..search my name i have alot of posts converting to 6.0 with ls1 intake and aftermarket fuel system
Old 10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did it with the full car conversion. my setup been done since march i believe or something liek that
Old 10-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I think I need to be a little more specific on what is in there. He has a 100% complete motor with injectors and all ready to drop in and turn on. I don't want to change the manifold or anything if I don't have to. It even has plugs and wires on it. I just wanted to know if I have to change anything like the motor mounts, radiator, or other things I need him to get before we start. I really don't want to even do this one but he is a really good customer and has spent a lot of money at my shop. Does that tranny and motor mount right up? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

i believe all these people are talkin about jsut swapping intakes. i see you are doing full motor swap so the only thing that needs to be changes is the oil pan. the computer will need a retune because the 5.7l will be running lean on the 5.3 tune. the trans should mate up just fine
Old 10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

tranny bolts right up..the intake manifold would be easy to swap over..if you dont want to hassle with the injectors and using the ls1 accessories and all just swap the intakes over..then you wont have any problems at all..and you can you use all the truck accessories..and just injectors..

Quick Reply: LS6 Swap