Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LT's=problems ever since

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:52 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your in depth help man, yea im pretty sure the jerking was from the missfire that was causing the truck to run like before i got the wires changed up and everything. BTW i didnt replace my springs, i had the cam swap done professionally. i really hate doing repairs on something without making it faster at the same time. so if i was the get the seal replaced i would want to mill my heads or something like that at the same time and i dont have the $$$ for that. do yall think im losing power from there being oil burned every once in a while. im pretty sure the root of most ofmy problems was the wires. tghe rest i hope is just minor tuning issues.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Swapping out valve seals is easy. When you get up to CS let me know one weekend you can come over and we will swap em out.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive said it in numerous posts and have started numerous threads related to my personal experiences with them. Its weird because some people have no problems at all and other like myself pull their hair out.
I put coates Pacesetter Lt's on as well as a custom exhaust at the same time. Since day one Ive had so many problems I dont feel like writing becuase it would truly be tiring. Just the basic problems were exhaust leaks(no biggie), 3 sets of o2 sensors(one pair of stock, two pairs of vettes, and thats not counting the original stock ones), countless hours of tuning with numerous people, a new stock MAF WITH A SCREEN(looks around) was an absolute must for me, numerous other little things I cant even attempt to remember but the absolute worst problem that still to this day I have issues with is the idle(arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!). My buddy laughs about the issues Ive had with LT's and it is funny but he has put just as much work in with this problem as I have. Did I expect to just put them on and that be it? Not really. Its part of doing what we do. It seems that my LT problems are done with after over two years. Well maybe not! Im almost positive that the local place that cermaic coated my headers didnt do just that becuase they arent holding up like they should. Oh well! The sad part is I think Im about to buy some stainless LT's even though my conscious is telling me to put some shorties on! HEHE!
Bascilly Im just telling you from experience that dont let it get to you too much becuase it can be overwhelming and there is light at the end of the LT tunnel. This is coming from an extremely **** person when it comes to my truck! If you need any help Ill try my best to help you. Just PM me. Hopefully if you do have problems it will be one I or someone has had and it probably will be!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:09 AM

haved you ever had your truck backfire? thats my main concern now and i will see if we can tune it out. it hasnt been tuned at all for the LT's yet so maybe it will help
Old 08-09-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

My change oil light comes on after about 6,000 miles after my last oil change. My levels are fine, the computer just tells me after 6,000 miles from last change that it is due.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:16 AM

it was not the change oil light it was the "check engine oil level" i knwo i was low because the dipstick might as well have been dry.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

On another note after I did my LT's I had a similar problem. My truck was SO loaded up it was ridiculous. It sounded like rocks were going through my exhaust. The truck would hesitiate and then go hestitate and then go. If I got up into higher rpms it would get better temporarlly untill it went back to lower rpms/speeds. It felt like someone was pulling on my bumper with another truck. There were lots of backfires. When I say loaded up Im talking about unburnt fuel going through the exhaust. So I was very very very rich. You could feel it in the floorboard moving through the pipes! lol! What was the fix? Bosch 13111 oxygen sensors in place of the 2 front o2's. They are 02 Vette rear oxygen sensors. They have very long wires like 24" but do not cut them tire them up. You also should get 2 AC-Delco PT919 pigtails becuase the trucks connectors dont fit the vettes. Also I had removed the screen from my MAF some time before and I had to put a new stock one with the screen on but the 02's were the fix for the problem.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:29 AM

so i should buy those bosch sensors, what do i do witht he pigtails since the connector in the vettes wont fit on the truck. do i have to cut and splice the wires or what? were you able to tune out the fuel issues?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think your problems are from LT's. You have other issues. Overheating, smoke, oil consumption, first thoughts would be blown head gasket. Bucking in OD, misfires from engine under load, could explain the backfires. Check your plug wires for laying on the headers, read your codes, pull the plugs and have a look, oil fouled? evidence of coolant?

Luck.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the entire post. Just the first page. Lot of this has been covered.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im not going to tell you to go out and buy the vette o2's and it will fix your problem. They fixed mine and many others but before you do anyhting that you need to scan your truck. Do you have the ability to do that?

Quick Reply: LT's=problems ever since