Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LT's=problems ever since

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO problems from my LT's, installed back in MAY. not tuned yet, runs a little rich while driving around town.(you can almost see the gas gauge moving, but then again that's probably because i miss a stick shift so bad, i shift it manually, go ahead and say what you want) gets about the same MPG on the highway. doesn't overheat, a little weak on the bottom end, although the other day the HOE left some black marks coming off the line. i hope to get HP soon so i can tune it and hopefully bring her back up on the bottom end. good luck.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:16 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

yea im prety sure its different for everyone though, not to mention my truck is quite a bit more modded than yours and has about 30000more miles. im not saying my LT's made the truck over hear, just coincidense
Old 08-11-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as the vette 02's here is why they work for us. One they have alot hotter heaters and they heat up quicker. The other thing is there switching rate. Its noticably quicker than the stockers. So basiclly its a guess if you need them or not since the stockers are still working how they should just not up to the requirments needed with LT's. They have fixed many of us truck guys problems. Its almost a given for the F-bod guys that they need them. If you do get them and they dont fix your problem some good comes out of it. For one the faster the switching rate the more accurate and thats always good. One of the best things from the Bosch 13111's is that they have a lifetime warranty.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

i had some major problems when i got home from the exhaust shop after installing my lt's

i started having multiple missfires, my truck was shaking, sputtering, and when i put her in gear, it would die under the load, but i changed the wires out, checked the plugs, it started running better, and then ran fine, but had HORRID gas mileage, i think i almost ran through two tanks of gas getting to san antonio to nelsons shop, and hardly used one on the way back.

That was bad, but.... its all great now, sorry to hear of your issues man, i hope you get them all resolved, i hate to see a fellow enthusiast get messed up.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 AM

tiger, what things do i need to go with the bosch 13111's? i rememeber you saying they wouldnt plug right into where mine do now and i need some pig tails? how do i hook those up and where do i i get them? i wont buy these things until i get retuned to see if that helps, truck seems to have adapted some and it is actually running a little bit better
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
i just posted that under LS1 etc internal engine but said for the mdos to move it wherever it needed to be. hopefully ill get some god responses. charlie said he's never seen backfiring from the LT's what else could be causing this?

i have if for some reason it is running rich and you removing the cat that can cause it
Old 08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell anything can ahppen but I have just never seen it,but anything can happen though.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hope you get it fixed. I know how it feels when your truck is not running right.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:29 AM

yea well it seems to be running a little bit better in comparison to what it was when i first replaced the wires, right now i have new wires on order. im gonna have to check into some new relays because im pretty sure the one that control the "both fans high" when the a/c is on and the switch is on it blown because i only over heat when i have the a/c on, otherwise its fine no matter how long i sit in traffic, (i know this has nothing to do with my LT's) regardless though, it doesnt backfire as much, and i can definitly feel the jolting still just not as bad when it gets into lock up but only jolts until about 70MPH so i think its missing...what would cause the motor to miss up to 70? seems weird, but im getting tuned soon so that all should get taken care of.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem with the misfiring,surging when I installed my longtubes.I decided while I was installing them I would go ahead and change plugs(90,000) miles.Iput in ngk tr55s turns out one of the plugs was cracked,I dont know if I did it or it came that way,but it fixed my truck.

Quick Reply: LT's=problems ever since