Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

lt's and low end loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got ya. well guess i'm not much help then haha.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Launching!

On the contrary, even tho its not comparing apples to apples, you made it make more sense why mine is doing what it is. Starting to wish I had one of them y pipes. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by timmer1
On the contrary, even tho its not comparing apples to apples, you made it make more sense why mine is doing what it is. Starting to wish I had one of them y pipes. Thanks for the input.
y pipes FTW lol.Good luck getting things right man.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

hey timmer1 i went out and spent the money on dynatechs supermaxx system and hate them, even with my mods i will swear that the stock manifold and y pipe run and sound better. my engine felt very sluggish down low
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

im sorry for not looking back but what size pipe do u have?when i installed my headers and duals it was 1 of the best mods,what a difference.in my opinion i was looking at all my future mods and curent and weighed out i would need duals .im old school but i just dont think personnally single isnt enough ,especially if yu plan on doing more supporting mods in the future ,id rather do it 1nce and not have 2 worry about maybe having too do it or upgrade it in the future.if its right u wont have any worries.just keep digging and reading.youlle get it,deff try some nice breathing mufflers on it.those glass packs will do for now.and theyll blaaaat 2 especially with headers.lol
Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blown 04
hey timmer1 i went out and spent the money on dynatechs supermaxx system and hate them, even with my mods i will swear that the stock manifold and y pipe run and sound better. my engine felt very sluggish down low
wow idk what the super system is but if its duals and headers you shoulda seen a heluva difference with that magnacharger on there.a f/i engine needs that breathing room single in my opinion is like blowing through a straw with f/i . just my 2 cents
Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ramsey rider
im sorry for not looking back but what size pipe do u have?when i installed my headers and duals it was 1 of the best mods,what a difference.in my opinion i was looking at all my future mods and curent and weighed out i would need duals .im old school but i just dont think personnally single isnt enough ,especially if yu plan on doing more supporting mods in the future ,id rather do it 1nce and not have 2 worry about maybe having too do it or upgrade it in the future.if its right u wont have any worries.just keep digging and reading.youlle get it,deff try some nice breathing mufflers on it.those glass packs will do for now.and theyll blaaaat 2 especially with headers.lol
It is dual 2.5 thru an x pipe which I may have to take off to put them mufflers on. I don't have a whole lot of room under there. I'll have to check this weekend. After all this, I've been contemplating going back to a ory single exhaust, but I like having the duals, so I'll try those mufflers first. The ones I'm talking about arent too expensive. lol
Old 03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would only do 1 step at a time ,from my expierience,first try to install with x if not than youlle have to add that into the final equation ,im only saying this bcause each 1 made a difference on my ordeal.i had too go in reverse and see wich 1 caused me too lose power.the x will play an important part in this ,believe it or not.like i said 1 thing at a time.if u take the x off than test driive b4 u add mufs 2 see if any diff.then work from there.pers ide just try 2 make the mffs fit somehow without taking off x,or you will be off track.ill bet you never thought an exhaust could be such an big decision?it is tho so save yourself some work and also youlle be able 2 use process of elimination to figure out the issue.hope it helps u ,we all have too learn.lol
Old 03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ramsey rider
i would only do 1 step at a time ,from my expierience,first try to install with x if not than youlle have to add that into the final equation ,im only saying this bcause each 1 made a difference on my ordeal.i had too go in reverse and see wich 1 caused me too lose power.the x will play an important part in this ,believe it or not.like i said 1 thing at a time.if u take the x off than test driive b4 u add mufs 2 see if any diff.then work from there.pers ide just try 2 make the mffs fit somehow without taking off x,or you will be off track.ill bet you never thought an exhaust could be such an big decision?it is tho so save yourself some work and also youlle be able 2 use process of elimination to figure out the issue.hope it helps u ,we all have too learn.lol
Yeah, it's a huge pain. I'm starting to wish I kept the old stock manifolds on. Everything was fine until I put those headers on.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my pacesetter lt swap w/ ory worked for awhile then had terrible problems with P1133 and P1153. (if I remember correctly) Never an issue before. Do some searching on those codes regarding the addition of lt's here and over at tech.

Tried to equate the problem to everything other than the O2's however later after acquiring EFIlive noticed the sensors were switching S...L...O...W....... Causing at the afr to run either way rich or WAY lean!

Ended up switching over to the rear vette sensors (supposed hotter heaters promoting better switching) codes went away. Stock O2's had 120k miles on them.

Find someone that can log your switching or break down and get some O2s and or a little backpressure.

Just an idea... Good luck.

Shupe

P.S. Never noticed much low end loss. Running a large bodied 3" si/so Magnaflow dumped behind the axle just above the stock location hidden within the rear fender.

Quick Reply: lt's and low end loss