Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Magnacharger with big throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Brian beat me to it
Old 01-06-2005, 01:35 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan23silverado
That is true. A positive displacement sc can only pull in a set amount of air per rotation. I did a test a while back that is similar to this subject.
I thought my air box with the stock paper filter might be "clogging" the pull of air. So I hooked up a vacuum gauge on the low pressure side of the supercharger (before the rotors). Guess what...the gauge showed Zero. That is good though. Why? Well it means that there was no addition strain that the supercharger was having to overcome through that stock paper filter like it would have if the gauge had showed Vacuum.
You may do this simple test before you invest more $$. If you don't show vacuum, your gains will probably be nil.
Did you do this test under load and at high rpm's?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:46 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan23silverado
Well Brian beat me to it

Great minds think alike!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:48 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by moregrip
Did you do this test under load and at high rpm's?

Yes that is where the problem of vacuum will show up. This is one of the things that people running bigger CI motors and the 112 need to look at. I am sure that most here are far from reaching the potential of the 112, how ever they may have met the limits of the factory TB and MAF.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since Magnacharger has much to gain from this idea, please explain how the M112 and MP112 are so much different? is it like the Magnum powers blower that the Lightning guys buy? i know it still a paddle design and not a twin screw. please explain the comparison of the cfm potentials.

i think this will clear a lot of things up.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:21 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
since Magnacharger has much to gain from this idea, please explain how the M112 and MP112 are so much different? is it like the Magnum powers blower that the Lightning guys buy? i know it still a paddle design and not a twin screw. please explain the comparison of the cfm potentials.

i think this will clear a lot of things up.

Well why don't we start with a more efficient Rotor Housing and work our way to the more efficient rear inlet, and finish up with a better intake manifold.

Rotors are the same, not a "paddle" design, the MP112 Rotors are twisted 60* to form a helix design that is more efficient.

You will notice that the Radix 5th Gen supercharger has a larger discharge area than the Eaton supercharger found on the Ford Lightning and Cobra. This will make for better flow and less heat at the higher RPM range than the above mentioned superchargers. I am not going to get into the battle over Roots vs Screw, that argument is left to interpretation of the facts.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:40 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Well why don't we start with a more efficient Rotor Housing and work our way to the more efficient rear inlet, and finish up with a better intake manifold.

Rotors are the same, not a "paddle" design, the MP112 Rotors are twisted 60* to form a helix design that is more efficient.

You will notice that the Radix 5th Gen supercharger has a larger discharge area than the Eaton supercharger found on the Ford Lightning and Cobra. This will make for better flow and less heat at the higher RPM range than the above mentioned superchargers. I am not going to get into the battle over Roots vs Screw, that argument is left to interpretation of the facts.

but the modified roots vs twin screw is my favorite conversation
Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

so how many cfm is this MP112 capable of pushing with its rotors compared to the standard M112?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
so how many cfm is this MP112 capable of pushing with its rotors compared to the standard M112?
20% more than the standard.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Veteran

I know this is off topic, but I'm just curious as to what kind of hp/tq the L/Cobra people are putting out with the M112. What's the biggest displacement they stroke their engines to, and still be successful with the M112? This has me thinking.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger with big throttle body