Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Magnacharger Won't sell me the Walbro GSS340

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Magnacharger Won't sell me the Walbro GSS340

So I called up Magnacharger today to see if they stocked these Fuel Pumps(since i'm like 30 mins from them)... The guy on the phone told me that they don't sell the Walbro GSS340 pump kit separately. He told me that I had to buy a whole supercharger kit to get one..... I was like WTF ?!

I just thought I'd mention this b/c I knew some of you guys said that you had bought this from them separately.. what are these guys trying to pull?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnacharger is in the supercharger business,not the fuel pump business.If you were a Magnacharger owner wishing to update an early kit with the inline pump,I'm sure they would have sold you the pump as they did me when I updated my kit.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wierd, just got mine in on friday. I guess they don't want to make a buisness out of sellin fuel pumps. I must have squeezed in before the boss said no more.

Nate
Old 01-10-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats gay, they should still sell it to you!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whitt1
Magnacharger is in the supercharger business,not the fuel pump business.If you were a Magnacharger owner wishing to update an early kit with the inline pump,I'm sure they would have sold you the pump as they did me when I updated my kit.
Originally Posted by NateZ
Wierd, just got mine in on friday. I guess they don't want to make a buisness out of sellin fuel pumps. I must have squeezed in before the boss said no more.

Nate

Once you sell something you have to have some kind of support for it, and my guess is that they didn't want to enter into this business. Can't blame them really.

But rather than just bash Magnuson, wouldn't it be better to just find out who else sells this fuel pump?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

so did you actualy purchase the supercharger kit from them earlier and need an update or where you just looking to get a pump from them for a different kit? cause if your case is the latter i dont blame them.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Naked AV

But rather than just bash Magnuson, wouldn't it be better to just find out who else sells this fuel pump?
But, didnt you bash them at 1st too?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
But, didnt you bash them at 1st too?
At one time I had issue with them, but that is being taken care of.

Back on topic, I think you can get the Walbro pump from STS directly, from from Speed Unlimited in Pensacola, FL, or APE.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Naked AV
At one time I had issue with them, but that is being taken care of.

Back on topic, I think you can get the Walbro pump from STS directly, from from Speed Unlimited in Pensacola, FL, or APE.
I just think its funny when people try to tell others to excercise restraint, yet they didnt pursue that route to begin with.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
I just think its funny when people try to tell others to excercise restraint, yet they didnt pursue that route to begin with.
But then some people learn from their past and can offer good advice because of it. Other guys just keep up the same old stuff and don't learn a thing from their mistakes.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Won't sell me the Walbro GSS340