Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Magnacharger Won't sell me the Walbro GSS340

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
But then some people learn from their past and can offer good advice because of it. Other guys just keep up the same old stuff and don't learn a thing from their mistakes.
damnit richard I deleted that post to keep the junk off this topic! so delete this post and yours!!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, well I figured that a sale is a sale... either way they are making profit... I am just rather pissed becaseu I was hoping to save and shipping and time of deilvery by just picking it up. I'm just going to call tomorrow and tell them I have one of their Supercharger kits instead.

BTW- Who else sells these pumps for a good price? I'm looking for west coast preferably local, but anything really works.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
I'm just going to call tomorrow and tell them I have one of their Supercharger kits instead.

Uhhh yeah, we are not that stupid

PM me for a contact on your pump.

Thanks, B

BTW, I am the idiot that told you we could not sell it
Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although you may be able to forgo shipping, you will pay tax if you buy it in California, and those expenses could cancel each other out. Perhaps STS or another vendor in Arizona, Nevada, or Utah is the best bet if you have to have it shipped, because they are fairly close, and you may not have to wait that long.

In fact, Walbro Worldwide is right over in Tuscon. You may try to contact them tomorrow at 520-877-3000 to see who their dealers/resellers are.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so, can someone just post up exactly what the pump is that we all seem to want so we can jut buy it somewhere else? I looked at the link to APE. The pump I think i need is FPG003. That's the one for LT1 cars anyway. Is that the one I want?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Old 01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I love it. Good to see a dealer on here too.
Is there any ls1tech deals?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the guys at Magnacharger a break,they offer fantastic customer service to us Magnacharger owners,they maintain inventories of parts to build supercharger kits.They are a manufacturer,that sells through distributers and their first concern has got to service their distributers and end users,not to sell someone using a competitors kit a fuel pump.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At least they would be selling the fuel pump to him, and not the competitor, even if it was to be used on another competitors product.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it still falls into what someone above said.....technical advice support, they sell superchargers,, not fuel pumps. If they sell you a whole kit, and have to help you a little with the fuel pump install questions, they don't mind spending time on the phone, but if you buy a pump, and call with questions about it, and keep them on the phone, the time they spend on the phone, paying a tech guy to help you instead of a person who bought a whole kit, they have just spent the little profit they made on the pump, by paying the tech guy to help you wire your pump. Instead, just buy it from a local speed shop, or through summit or jegs, and let them answer questions.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Won't sell me the Walbro GSS340