Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Magnaflow installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow installed!

Here's my first post on the subject.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been running a 2002 Tahoe exhaust on my Silverado for about 4 months now. It actually performs pretty well, no drop off in performance from the Flowmaster I was using. It's just so quiet, I need to hear a little rumble from the a$$ end. I'm going to keep the Tahoe taipipe, it's stainless and is 3" mandrel bent pipe. I'm going to have the pipe cut right at the muffler, two pipes come out of the stock Tahoe muffler, they're both 3". They are 5 3/4" from center to center, the Magnaflow I'm getting has dual outlets that are 5 3/4" center to center. I'm going to have the muffler shop just slip the muffler dual outlets into the tailpipes dual inlets and weld it all up. This months Sport Truck magazine shows a 03 Silverado gaining like 12 hp and 15 tq from a Magnaflow muffler installation. I'll let you know how it turns out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I may have finally found a muffler that has what I want. It has a DEEP mellow rumble, you can barely hear it at idle and it has NO resonation so far . The installation went off with out a hitch and was installed as I described in the post above. Hard to tell if I've gain any power just driving back from the shop but I didn't loose any, especially low end. I happy (for now ).
Jim