Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Magnaflow installed today

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow installed today

I ordered the Magnaflow catback for my H2 last week based on all the positive feedback that I had heard on their truck kits from here. I did the install in my driveway in about 1 hour by myself. I had to cut the stock pipe off in front of the rear axle to get it out. Fortunately, the Magnaflow kit comes in two sections so it went in easy. All the hangers fit fine and the clearances from the floor pan and other interference items were all at least 1/2 inch.

This was the easiest exhaust I've ever done, hand down. I suppose it helped that the truck only had 900 miles on it so nothing was seized up and there wasn't a lot of dirt and crap to fall on me.

I like to think I can feel a difference, but it might be wishful thinking. I can feel 10 hp on a car but this truck is too heavy to be sure. Sound is nice and not too loud. It gets loud only above 3000 and if you're there then you don't care

Thanks for getting it out so fast TByrne. I'd have hated to wait until after Christmas!

Cory
Old 12-22-2004, 11:20 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent. I like the magnaflow sound. Is it a dual out muffler, or single pipe?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a dual in/dual out muffler. The stock system goes into a merge pipe right after the muffler and before the bend that goes over the axle. While it was a three-inch, mandrel bent pipe over the axle, the placement of the merge kind of sucked being right at the bend. Not with the magnaflow. Dual mandrel bends all the way.

I made two little clips with my digital camera and it is funny that the stock muffler sounds louder. The reality is that the the magnaflow has a deeper sound so the camera doesn't pick up the lower frequencies as well.

Cory