Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which Magnaflow Muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Magnaflow Muffler?

I have looked at the Magnaflow site and they do not reference a peticular muffler for the trucks if you are going to put together a system by yourself. I was wondering if those of you who have a stainless Magnaflow know the dimensions of the muffler you have and or the part number from Magnaflow. I want to do a muffler only replacement and do a dual or single side out before the rear tire on my SBSC 2002. HELP!!!!
Thanks in advance all!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much all the universal mufflers will work on the trucks, just depends on what sound you are looking for.

I started off with a 5x8x18 aluminized muffler. Sound was good and performance was above average. It was still a little quiet for my tastes.

The smaller the muffler the louder it will be and vice versa. I was also told that the 4" round would be louded than an oval muffler.

I am running the 4x9x14 dual in dual out now with true x core and the sound is pretty quiet until i get on it, but the performance gains are unbelievable. Sorry but I don't have the model numbers with me. But it all depends on what sound you are looking for cause they will all work.