Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Magnaflow not loud enough!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have a corsa exhaust on their truck? Heard a sound clip and it sounded badass! Didn't know if the sound would change and if the interior is as quiet as they say. i want to get one but they are way to friggin' high!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes the corsa sounds great and is so freakin expensive. their is very little interior resonance. I recommend it but its over priced.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why doesn't any one try a spintech muffler. They are supposed to be # 1 when it comes to flow numbers. I recently put the part # 3436 on mine and it is not too loud but has a DEEP f -body sound to it that alot of people are after. Mine is rear exit and it pretty quiet at idle and I can still hear a good cam lope from it. No resonance in the cab either
Will try to post sounds later.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

I had a dual in/out 50 Series Flowmaster for a while and got tired of it. I recently switched to a Spintech "knock off". Its a local muffler shop brand. This thing is awsome! ( You can get them on Ebay) Its got a nice idle, and talks to you when you hit the loud pedal. But yet, zero resonance. I have about 30" of 3" pipe exiting out and dumping at the spare tire location.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...6/f9ea0ad3.jpg
Old 02-03-2004, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigTex
What about the Magnaflow dual 3" in / out 28" 5x11 true X muffler?
this is the same one I have and it is not loud at all - and I have it dumped before the axle - startup sounds good, but there is no drone and I can easily hear my stereo while cruizing at 80 - to me, the wind/road noise is louder

heres a vid of under the truck - you can hear the contrast between the cutout and the Magnaflow.....quite alot

http://www.neufamily.org/hosted%20stuff/DMH.mpg
Old 02-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Does anybody know what a regular cheap turbo would sound like? What about with out cats? Quiet, loud, sweet, like ***? Just wondering.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

i have the smaller (not the 22") magnaflow on my truck and i cannot wait to get rid of it! I felt a small SOP increase in performance, but its not worth the all the noise (and highway drone). I think im going to trade my magnaflow in for the corsa side exit sport series.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:05 PM

Hey Gonzo! Have you caught up to me on exhaust swaps yet? LOL! Try what I did, duals with Dynomax Super Turbo's. You can barely hear them at idle, they have a nice low deep rumble from just off idle to about 2K and then you can't hear them any more. No resonation on the freeway or at any speed, even when I'm chugging up a hill in OD and the rpm's are 1600-1800 which is the "resonation zone". That's when the rumbling is the loudest, which really isn't that loud but it never turns into a resonation that buzzes my ears. I really like it!
Jim
Old 02-03-2004, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

I just had a Magnaflow 5x11x22 single 3" in/out using the stock pipes and at idle you can hardly hear it outside with a slight drone inside. When I'm driving around you can hear a low drone but it isn't annoying and you can easily hear the stereo. I didn't notice a big change in performance but I've only driven around 75 mi or so. The only complaint I have is that the sound isn't as deep as I wanted. My girlfriend drove the truck past the house the other day and it isn't much louder than stock all though when you accelerate you can tell it isn't a stock exhaust. Overall I like it.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Would the 5.3s w/o muffler sound like the Camaros? If so i'm going to cut mine off! I just want more power and lots of sound!

Quick Reply: Magnaflow not loud enough!