Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

MagnaFlow sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Highly Disagree, I Mean I Love The Flowmaster Sound, Dont Get Me Wrong , Hell Ive Had 3 Of Em On Various Vehichles, But Theres No Way A Chambered Muffler Can Flow As Well As A Non Chambered/straight-through Design. And Im Not Knocking Flowmaster. They Are One Of The Best Selling Lines Of Exhaust/mufflers Made In America.but As Does Flowmaster, Magnaflow Does Alot Of Research And Spends Alot Of Money Before Any Of Its Products Go On The Market And That Includes R&d, And Sound Test,and Opinions. A Flow Bench Comparison Would Be Great Though. Every Muffler Sounds Different On Every Car Know Matter What It Is . Its All About Preference.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:04 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

show proof!!! and magnaflow is the same as a turbo muffler design and sure doesnt sound good or perform well.

answer me this then, if straight thru is best then why isnt straight pipes the best flowing or sounding? isnt it straight thru? but why does it lack the power of having a muffler?

ive put this up on many sites and NOT one i mean NOT one person can back up their bold statments. all show the results of a mustang mag shootout
Old 04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Quik
show proof!!! and magnaflow is the same as a turbo muffler design and sure doesnt sound good or perform well.

answer me this then, if straight thru is best then why isnt straight pipes the best flowing or sounding? isnt it straight thru? but why does it lack the power of having a muffler?

ive put this up on many sites and NOT one i mean NOT one person can back up their bold statments. all show the results of a mustang mag shootout
If the noise was a bit less and had a mellow tone, I would run straight pipes for maximum flow. Straight pipe is the best flowing. Magnaflow, Dynomax, or other straight through designs are the next best thing.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VortecSierra
If the noise was a bit less and had a mellow tone, I would run straight pipes for maximum flow. Straight pipe is the best flowing. Magnaflow, Dynomax, or other straight through designs are the next best thing.
show proof of your statment please
Old 04-28-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.broaderperformance.com/mu...flow_tests.htm

Hooker Maxflow straight design-521 cfm > 2 chamber Flowmaster-249 cfm
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with quik. Just because you can't see through a flowmaster doesn't mean the area for fow isn't there. if you check the cross-section sthroughout a flowmaster, I bet you would find it is larger than the pipe at each end. Also, Haven't any of you ever considered that the baffle and packing on a turbo type muffler or whatnot will probabally cause disruption in airflow and turbulance, just as in a chambered muffler. I have noticed a large magnaflow following on this site. I am not diehard Flowmaster, but don't swear by just one brand. Hey, at least they are all better than stock... right?!?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

P.S. don't believe everything on the internet.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Full_Pull6.0HD
I agree with quik. Just because you can't see through a flowmaster doesn't mean the area for fow isn't there. if you check the cross-section sthroughout a flowmaster, I bet you would find it is larger than the pipe at each end. Also, Haven't any of you ever considered that the baffle and packing on a turbo type muffler or whatnot will probabally cause disruption in airflow and turbulance, just as in a chambered muffler. I have noticed a large magnaflow following on this site. I am not diehard Flowmaster, but don't swear by just one brand. Hey, at least they are all better than stock... right?!?
The proof is in the flow tests. Any of the straight through designed mufflers will flow better, not just magnaflow. I agree with you on the better than stock part!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Full_Pull6.0HD

You are right, with out some form of disruption there would be no change the decibel level. I imagine glasspacks flow pretty well, but are loud as hell.

The difference in performance I think is the concern of most members here. I mean at the track tons of people run cutouts, more flow/less restriciton makes more peak power right? Obviously not a huge amount of hp/tq difference between most of the aftermarket mufflers. Assuming similar setups.

Sound is so subjective. Quik doesn't like magnaflow, I personally like flowmasters sound but went with magnaflow cause its not quite as loud IMO. Its all in what you like. My 2 cents.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

why does everyone of my post cause arrguments????

Quick Reply: MagnaFlow sound