Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

mandrel bent exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mandrel bent exhaust

has anyone here built a dual exhaust system using mandrel bends? if so could you post up any pics to show how you ran it. i have been trying to decide what i need to order as far as the bends and tubing goes i have pacesetter lts and plan on running a x pipe into either bullets or moroso spiral flow mufflers. any information or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt29201
has anyone here built a dual exhaust system using mandrel bends? if so could you post up any pics to show how you ran it. i have been trying to decide what i need to order as far as the bends and tubing goes i have pacesetter lts and plan on running a x pipe into either bullets or moroso spiral flow mufflers. any information or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Yep...sure have....ran over the crossmember, under the trans tailshaft, then down the passenger side with an X pipe, mufflers, and then dumped at the bumper corners on each side. I ran Aerochambers mufflers.

I believe i bought the starter kit from a non sponsor I want to say that was T409 stainless and welded it up myself.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

thats the information im lookin for. i was thinkin of running it under the transmission pan in front of the crossmember then over the passenger side of the transmission crossmember into a narrow x pipe and into the mufflers and dump it in front of the rear axle. just wasnt sure if i had enough room over the driver side of the crossmember to run it that way.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is over the driver's side too. Just zip tie the shift cable out of the way.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

I built my cat back out of single 3.5" mandrel bends...you could easily do 2.5" duals in the space that this 3.5" is in. My truck is awd though so I used the y pipe supplied with the headers for the crossover to the passenger side that is run infront of the transmission cross member then down the pass side of the truck. I would think dual 2.5" would be plenty for your setup or single 3.5" like mine I love it!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made mine out of dual 3" T409 stainless mandrel bends. I used 7 total (I think I even have one kicking around, so maybe 6). I used 6 V-band clamps. I decided to do mine when I did the 4l80e swap. I have lt headers to high flow cats, X crossover behind the tailshaft, running next to the pass side of the driveshaft, dual in/ dual out magnaflow, tailpipes run up and over the axle, and out the back of the roll pan. I will try to put up pics, but it is sort of hard as I am on my phone. I am very happy with my exhaust.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 AM
TECH Junkie

The roll pan isn't painted, but you can see how it exits. I also used a 10' length of stainless 3" tubing.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Matt, note them V-band clamps. Nice job Gadgetized, what welder was used ? Give us some specs on that if you would.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowec
Hey Matt, note them V-band clamps. Nice job Gadgetized, what welder was used ? Give us some specs on that if you would.
i see em. you think i need em at the collector and the muffler?

by the way thanks Gadgetized for the quick response on the pictures i got alot of new ideas running through my head now.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I used a Hobart 140 with stainless wire and gas. I just bought the welder before I started the tranny and it was perfect for the job. I am one of those guys that can never make my mind up, and end up changing things. I have to say I would not change anything about the exhaust system.

Quick Reply: mandrel bent exhaust