Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Me and a Dodge Stealth awd tt

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and a Dodge Stealth awd tt

alright so my buddys got one of those v6 stealths with awd and twin turbo. the thing is basically stock besides new filters, other than that its got over 100k on it and just got like an $800 tune up. so he gets it back from the shop and we decide to run. i never really knew how fast these things were but heard they were like low 14s stock. he took me for a ride and the speed seemed similar to my truck, besides the impressive awd launch.

we get to a light and everythings even except i got a 220lb passenger that seems to be bogging me down a bit but i didnt think it would matter. he just wanted to be there to see the race. first race he rips me outa the hole by about 2 cars. then slowly gains another car threw the race. so it came out to about 3-4 cars. i was kinda disipointed but i felt the passenger took my launch away bigtime. so for the second race i kick out my passenger and say tuff ****. we line up, this time the launch seems way better and i stay with him. the race was dead even through two gears and we shut it down at about 70 with me edging him out maybe a little.

i didnt know the weight issue ment this much, has anyone else had a similar experiance? im guessing the 4.8s torque couldnt handle the extra weight on the launch and thats y it was so much better without it.
btw, i also have 18s and a bedcover
Old 08-11-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Me and a Dodge Stealth awd tt

I have a good friend who has a very fast Dodge stealth and Im always helping work on his car so Im some what knowledgeable on those cars. The Stealth, or any turbo car for that mater, is very prone to heat. The intercoolers get warm and the turbos get HOT, glow-in-the-dark hot. I have a old GTO that I have a grudge race with my buddy's Stealth we have a lot of money on the race so he want to race me at dawn so he can have every advantage.

If the Stealth wasnt 'hotlaped' it would not have been the same. However I am a big believer in weight shaving. My GTO is 3000lbs with driver, and Im about 275lbs so thats a lot of Lexan and Fiberglass.