Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

More broken crap

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
Dewy have you ever changed the Cabin Air Filter yet? Just got off the phne with Techline and that was the first question they asked me.

That's 140,000 miles on that filter. But to answer your question...yes iwe changed it.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhhhhhh Dewster....that filter looks like poop! lol......but the good news is...I will have your Condenser in the morning at 9:00am.....so it will be to you on Tuesday morning!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Dewy...!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!....I contacted my AC Parts Rep. and the killer news is.....your Condenser is being drop shipped directly from my supplier in Baltimore Md., to your place of work on Monday morning!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
lol.... ....that's because I knew how much you liked that shredded paper...lol....actually I watched Martha Stewart and she said it made perfect fertilizer for your plants.... ...

In all serious-ness....I'm just glad you got your Evaporator when you needed it and it was in one piece.

See guys, not all of us GM Dealers are ********...lol

HEY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!!! IM A GM CERTIFIED *******!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
HEY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!!! IM A GM CERTIFIED *******!!!
..I feel ya bro...ASE really stands for (******* Service Excellence)
Old 06-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 99 had ac problems, gas it up and within 3-4 days it was gone, we put in dye and everything and couldnt find anything anywhere. my suggestion is to take it to someone who has an electronic leak detector, its about $3-400 so i dont think its worth it to buy one, and see if you can find it then, its probably on the high side

btw, i never found my leak i just sold the truck as is
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by nightrunner
my 99 had ac problems, gas it up and within 3-4 days it was gone, we put in dye and everything and couldnt find anything anywhere. my suggestion is to take it to someone who has an electronic leak detector, its about $3-400 so i dont think its worth it to buy one, and see if you can find it then, its probably on the high side

btw, i never found my leak i just sold the truck as is
Talked to Torque_Wrench's tech and he said the leak (dye) sometimes hides on the backside of the condenser. We'll see if I have time to drop it back off today.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've never had good luck with the dye. My dad bought a Snap On sniffer on ebay and I borrow it when I need one. He's moving over an hour away so i'm going to have to buy one myself now I'll never work on AC again without one.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Alright, if any one cares...this AC kicked my wallet's ***. Loooooooong story short I replaced EVERYTHING except the compressor. The mechainc had it on the lift, had his hand on the compressor with a vacuum on the system and was searching...searching...searching, and he said, "I have NO idea, there would be dye all of the this compressor if it was leaking." and he spun the pulley on the compressor. You could hear the hiss.......hiss.......hiss....hiss....hissss as it spun. IT WAS THE ******* COMPRESSOR!!!!

So I ordered a compressor from Torque_Wrench. Matched to my truck. Got it, mechanic got everything apart and...WRONG COMPRESSOR!!! WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

After Torque_Wrench talking to GM it seems a 2002 Suburban 5.3 A/C compressor was on my truck. WTF?!!?!?WTF is a 2002 compressor doing on my 2000 truck?!?!?!?

So far, everything seems to be working okay. I ******* hope so, I have replcaed EVERYTHING on the system. If anything is wrong, it's electrical. (I even replaced low and high switches)
Old 07-21-2007, 10:46 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bizzare

I hope that's the end of your problems with the heat/cool system so you can get back to spending all you cash on more important mods

Quick Reply: More broken crap