Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Muffler ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler ?

Just wondering if anyone has used this muffler: Dynomax Race Bullet. If so how noisy? Just looking for something that has pretty good flow, and a nice good sound, but nothing too crazy. hehe, from the looks of it though, it's not much of a muffler, but i remember someone recommended it a while back.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have these ,I bolt-on when I feel like it. in place of my HD cats,they are pretty much little glass packs.Im not a big fan of glass pack for muffling,it would be load but everyone has a different tolerance of loud or pain.It was all about curing the drone for me when i finally have a system i like.Some people the drone bothers more than others.Its really hard recommend mufflers everyone has different tastes.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

I think those would be pretty loud. Depends on your setup, may not be to bad if you still have cats. Check out the magnaflow mufflers or borla. They have a straight thru design and flow well. I just put a 3" borla small oval case muffler behind my turbo. Think it was a turbo series.

It sounds almost stock now, but thats because the turbo also quiets the exhaust some.
The borla has a / shape inside, you can look straight thru it.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, i know what your saying. I have a decent setup now, but I wanted something a little louder. Perhaps i'll look into flowmaster.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ronn25
I think those would be pretty loud. Depends on your setup, may not be to bad if you still have cats. Check out the magnaflow mufflers or borla. They have a straight thru design and flow well. I just put a 3" borla small oval case muffler behind my turbo. Think it was a turbo series.

It sounds almost stock now, but thats because the turbo also quiets the exhaust some.
The borla has a / shape inside, you can look straight thru it.
Thanks for the suggestions, i'll have to look at borla and magnaflow too.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

From what I hear, the flowmaster probably flows the worst out of those mentioned above, I do like a flowmaster sound though.
The smaller case borla's and magnaflows are louder. I'm sure the borla I used would be alot louder without the turbo.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

I have the bullet "muffler". It really does not muffle anything. I love it. I still have my cats. It is loud when you get on it and it does drone at a specific RPM. People look at me when I get on it like "what the hell was that?"
Old 01-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Launching!

look into the dynomax ultraflow. i got one and it sounds great and a noticeable difference in performance and mpg
Old 01-23-2005, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

I replaced my Magnaflow with the Dynomax bullet muffler. The Dynomax sounds much better throughout the rpm's than the magnaflow did. I have mine set up as a single bullet with a reverse Y-pipe with dual tailpipes. I love the sound....pretty comparable to the original flowmaster 40 series but a much cleaner sound. No drone unless the motor is really lugging at slow speed up a hill....a lot less drone than the magnaflow.

GregM
Old 01-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Launching!

Get them if your gunna keep your cats, DON'T if not. Its has the worst cackle without the cats but with the cats they sound great! I'd look into Spintech mufflers also. I have their sportsman street muffler and it sounds good, very distinctive sound.

Quick Reply: Muffler ?