Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Muffler & CAI Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudioPh1x
if you want it loud, get the shorter one
Okay, shorter one is size 14" correct???
Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TRUE_94SS
MBRP is a nice system, just put an Alumimun system on a buddies 08 5.3L and sounds awesome. Has a little highway drone, but not too bad. Easy install and Cheap. Put it on ourselves in 30minutes. Also used a Volant intake, picked up 1.5 mpg. He drives alot of highway.

I wonder, do you know his MBRP size???
Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Do you have two accounts? The other being Go5.3tt06?
Noo. I am Luke. I know him. His name is Noah. He is my bestfriend as well. He used had 2006 Silverado LT but sold then got 2007 TUndra 5.7 then decided to traded to 2008 Silverado. He liked alot. He about 1 hour away from me. Just remember our name. So we are deaf as well. Yes we have some problem with grammar sometimes. Now you noctied it.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Just curious, if you knew each other or what. It seems awfully unusual that you were both deaf, from Georgia, typed the same, and are into silverados. Not attacking you, just wondering.
Yes we know eachother like for 7 yrs since. Yall have to learn how to communicate with deaf. And We learn how to communicate with hearing people. Sounds fair. YEs we are in silverados. We talked about our truck project alot.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Noah, since you been experince with magnaflow, Hooker Aero Chamber Mufflers, and flowmaster 44 series on your trucks. Now you got new truck 08 Silverado. I would say try go MBRP. It sounds like MBRP would make sounds good.

Everybody- I understand what he trying to say. More likely he not want to have dual pipe on back. He want to have muffler turn to (passenger side) which is like Lightning muffler side. You know what I mean? That what a exactly he want. Is that correct for him to have 3.5 inlet/outlet for MBRP then connect y pipe go turn to passenger side with 4" tips. But I am sure he haven't deicde about mBRP. He picky about sounds. He must have loud sounds and feeling. Of course I would do same thing. But I already have hooker on mine. Im satifeld it.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't get the K&N cold air kit... get the S&B... better kit, looks better, installs easily... performs awesome, sounds great at wot...
Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Everybody- I understand what he trying to say. More likely he not want to have dual pipe on back. He want to have muffler turn to (passenger side) which is like Lightning muffler side. You know what I mean? That what a exactly he want. Is that correct for him to have 3.5 inlet/outlet for MBRP then connect y pipe go turn to passenger side with 4" tips. But I am sure he haven't deicde about mBRP. He picky about sounds. He must have loud sounds and feeling. Of course I would do same thing. But I already have hooker on mine. Im satifeld it.
Sounds to me he should go with Gibson Sport Truck Exhaust. Or even MACK. THIEMS ran the Gibson Sport Truck on his truck and it sounded GREAT at WOT.

It was pretty quiet at idle tho. Do you want it loud at both Idle and WOT or just Wide Open Throttle?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I have single stock pipe with Magnaflow 20" overall 2.5" stainless bullet. I love it had straight pipe before . Heres a link of each

straight pipe http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=P1020076.flv

magnaflow http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=P1020085.flv
Old 11-29-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Sounds to me he should go with Gibson Sport Truck Exhaust. Or even MACK. THIEMS ran the Gibson Sport Truck on his truck and it sounded GREAT at WOT.

It was pretty quiet at idle tho. Do you want it loud at both Idle and WOT or just Wide Open Throttle?
He want both idle and wot. What about MBRP. I am not sure if Gibson would be loud enough for him?
Old 11-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Gibson sounded great all around, but may not be as loud as he wants.

But I think that's the design he's looking for as far as side exit is concerned.

Quick Reply: Muffler & CAI Questions