Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which muffler out of these do ya'll like the most?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

magnaflow
Old 09-30-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Naked AV
At this point I would probably never order another catback simply because I know the only way to get exactly what I want is to design it myself. After a very poor experience with Gibson (product and company) then another with Flowmaster (product only), I set out to learn exhaust principles and concepts and spent a lot of time doing it. Then I was able to design my system with confidence. It became apparent that Magnaflow had all the components I needed to construct my ideal system.

The end result of all of that effort is something I smile about every time I get in my truck...it is exactly what I wanted, but I had to work to get it.
Could not have put that better myself. But I chose a Borla muff. The hooker Aero does have great tone.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like my Flowmaster 50's.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

I love my hookers, got em dumped in the stock location w/no cats and an x-pipe, too loud for some, but just right for me
Old 09-30-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

Default Muffler? Don't Need No Stinkin' Muffler

Well persoanlly I don't use a muffler, I made my own custom exhaust.
But I've owned, every type of muffler on the market! Keep in mind, this is my own personal opinion, and I don't want to offend anyone......but......a Magnaflow is a Overpriced piece of Sh*t.......and so is a Borla....you just pay for the name. Although the Borla has a much better sound than the Fagnaflow! Flowmasters are Pricey$$$...and not a great sound unless you get a Super 40 Series. I just plain out don't like the Edelbrock muffler...it is not loud enough. Gibson mufflers are just too high in price...and who wants a pretty polished muffler....for God's sake..it's under your truck.

In my opinion...a good value on a muffler, that sounds good, loud and has a great performance boost is a Ravin' muffler. Cost about $60 to $80. Dynomax Bullet mufflers are great also. But the hands down winner with the best sound and price and performance...is......Hooker Aero Chamber!

Thanx...and goodbye
Old 09-30-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
......a Magnaflow is a Overpriced piece of Sh*t.......
Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
In my opinion...a good value on a muffler, that sounds good, loud and has a great performance boost is a Ravin' muffler. Cost about $60 to $80.
Which is about what you pay for a single Magnaflow muffler.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those that say Magnaflow is deep arent correct-they are DEEP! I just did Pacestter LT's,no cats,2.5" tube all the way around with a Single Stainless Magnaflow dual in/dual out(22" 5x11-the biggest one). Im need to get the turndowns on(and I will since my problems are fixed-knock on wood!) but right now its muffler. It sounds really good and it is not quit. I cant imagine what the 4x9 would sound like-really loud! This is no **** and CRAZYCUTER4.8 can vouch for this but the day everything was complete we pulled into my apartments parking lot and not **** I set off 5 car alarms(4 factory alarms and 1 aftermarket!). It wasnt the loudness of the exhaust it was the deepness-it was that low! CRAZYCUTER has shorties,no cats,and Flowmaster 50 series(dual in/dual out single muffler) and it is loud and Ive never set off an alarm with his over there! My idle was set real low at like 675 so we raised it up to 850 and it fixed that problem!!!!LOL! My favorite thing about this setup is when I get to higher rpm the sound is really unigue!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Corsa----ALL THE WAY! I love mine. It will answer all your wants in an exhaust system. Plus it gives more power. Not too many exhaust systems will.

Jim
Old 09-30-2005, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Wow, I haven't had ne of those mufflers. I've always had flowstoppers . That fixing to go though. I'll let ya know how the Borla sounds .
Old 09-30-2005, 10:20 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my magnaflow. I have the 3" si/so 4x9x11 case. The smallest 3" they make. Its nice and throaty at idle, and screams at WOT. On the highway, it tones down and is very plesant, not too loud, in fact you can barley hear it with the windows up. BTW thats a nice truck you have. Also, I think your exhaust plan sounds great. Thats what I plan to do once Pasesetter starts making LT's for 4wd's. LT's ORy 3" pipe, si/so 3" Magnaflow, and turn down in the stock location instead of out the side.

Quick Reply: Which muffler out of these do ya'll like the most?