Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Muffler Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

incase you havent read, the aerochamber with cats is not loud, it has a nice rumble sound exhaust but in no means it is loud, yes the magnaflow with cats is louder, I have a aerochamber with no cats and its just about perfect, only loud at WOT and pretty quite at crusing speeds.. with no drone...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
LM is redneck.
I like it.....
Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by getchusum99
does slp sell the loudmouth muffler separate?
Yeah man...they do....go to www.slponline.com
Old 11-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Teching In

I had a Corsa Sport muffler on a 6.0 L engine and it was throaty on the gas but relatively quiet around town and cruising on the highway. Alot of stop lights and you would start to notice the sound. I then added Long Tube Dynatech headers, high flo cats, and Y pipe and WOW did the Corsa Sport make alot of sound (noise) at all RPM's. I have two young kids in the truck alot and it became annoying to have to repeat everything two times due to the increase in sound. I then changed over to a Magnaflow which was quiter on the highway and from stop lights but has a bad drone in my truck from 1600 to 1900 RPM which made it bothersome to talk on the cell phone or talk to anyone in the truck. I now have a Corsa Touring muffler and it is perfect for my application. It is just a little louder than stock while accelarating from a stop sign but if you punch it sounds more like a Corvette or Camaro. Again...with two kids in the truck it is good for me with no more repeating sentences three times and I can know talk on the cell no matter the RPM's due to exhaust sound. The Corsa Sport was good untill the headers and hi-flo cats then it was very loud. The Corsa Touring is great. Hope that helps.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

I love the Hooker aerochamer on my 01 camaro, so I thought I would put one on the 02 Z71 and like it just as much but I wish I had done something different now. On the camaro with stock exhaust it made the car have a great deap sound that was a little louder cruising and even louder at WOT.
But this one on the truck is almost louder when it drones accelerating from a stop light than it is at WOT! It is a 18" case that is offset, with a stock exit location. Sounds good idling, but other than that not sure how it sounds from anywhere other than the driver seat. I wonder if the no offset 18" case would have been louder at WOT. I was very dissapointed at how quite it was at WOT compared to the aftermarket cat back on it before that rusted off. But I would get a head ache if i dumped this muffler and had anymore drone driving around town. However on the highway it is OK. It is not bad enough that I want to replace it, but I would have liked to try a Magnaflow.