Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My 6.0 4L80E Build, So far...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one word.....

wow... this thing is comeing out great!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys for the comments, Here at the shop now polishing up some fuel rails and still masking. I will hopefully have a picture or two of some progress by the end of the day, we'll see...

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
quick question for you: The stainless fastener kit you have a picture of on the first page, what all does this replace? I saw them listed on Summit but it doesn't say for sure what all it comes with, the description of the part is off I think. Anyways, thanks
Here's a close up picture of it, Each section of bolts are labeled. This is the polished stainless set, not the chromed set. Hope this helps

Old 04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Alright, all done for the day, I’m going home to watch some TV with my girl and dog!
I was able to get the bulk of the polishing complete on the fuel rails, but I still need to finish them up and coat them with some clear so all this work won’t be for nothing a few months down the road. Also was able to mask the majority of the blower and the intake manifold. I am going to have to do some blending on the flanges of the intake manifold. If you can see from the picture they don’t meet up perfectly, and when it gets painted that portion will look like ****, with a section of bare metal flange sticking out of an all copper piece. So that will be the next thing on my list along with finishing up masking the block, and gather up all the additional engine parts to get hit with copper….or black!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

You sir have a sickness!!! LOL but It's a good thing in this case... Nice work cleaning everything up!!!coming along real nicely!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, your engine bay is going to be show quality when it's done...and it gonna have the "go" to go with the "show"
Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the closeup . I wanted to order a set for my S10 but wasn't sure, now I'm gonna order them. They look to be pretty good quality too. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
You sir have a sickness!!! LOL but It's a good thing in this case... Nice work cleaning everything up!!!coming along real nicely!!!!
I have a Fever….and the only prescription…. is more Cow Bell!!

Sorry, read what you wrote and had to let that one go...some of you will know what I'm talking about...

Last edited by Copper&Black; 04-20-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

A little off topic of GM Performance but while I was polishing up the fuel rails I polished up the ten buttons that open the doors, 6 on the center console for all 4 doors, hatch, and rear glass, and one on each door next to the window switch to pop that door open.(Oh I forgot to mention I'm doing a full custom interior...) Here is a picture of one of them along side an inifinity tweeter I will be fabing up to sit with the Gauges on the pillar.

The hex nut will be on the back side of the mounting plate so that all that is visable is the polished stainless dome...

Last edited by Copper&Black; 04-21-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

any updates on the build?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Sorry been slacking on the engine build, I was in Jersey for a couple weeks, and have been doing a custom stereo install in my girls car for her birthday. With the lack of time to work on my truck I have been collecting parts for the big 3 upgrade, Dual Optima Batteries, and power wire upgrade for the stereo & the shaved doors. I picked up 50ft of 1/0 Gauge Monster high performance cable, Battery isolator, and some pretty trick looking battery terminals. (Notice even the cable is has got the same theme going)
Hoping to get back in there soon and finish painting the supercharger, block and accessories.

Quick Reply: My 6.0 4L80E Build, So far...