Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My 6.0 4L80E Build, So far...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God Damnit! Add one more thing to the to do list! This is what you get driving in Miami!

Old 06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT SUCKS!

Get some duck tape and zip ties and you will be good to go.

How did that happen anyway?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Some "C" decided that she didn't miss her turn yet and locked it up in the traveling lane instead of the turn lane to make a left and I ate the back of her SUV. 300-400 bucks in parts, some of my precious "hours in a day" preping and shooting some paint, clear and polish and she's be as good as new.
Apparently they build Mitsubishi SUV’s with about an inch of give in the rear bumper until you hit the frame. My front end was dipping down from locking up and her *** end was up thus the nice indention in the top portion of the bumper...Maybe if I blow in the exhaust pipe it will pop out....I got to make sure the windows are up though...LOL Turned out to be an expensive day!

Thank god the front wasn't finished with the blacked out HID denali projectors, LED corner lights, HID fogs, and black grill or I would have been alot more pissed.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks, but at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been...
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

hey, my bumper got hit also in a parking lot and it needs a new one. Do you know if when these things get hit it bends the frame mounts? If it doesn't I figure I can just go get a bumper and bolt it on.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by budhayes3
That sucks, but at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been...
Very true, thank god I wasn't looking down when she slamed on the brakes!

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
hey, my bumper got hit also in a parking lot and it needs a new one. Do you know if when these things get hit it bends the frame mounts? If it doesn't I figure I can just go get a bumper and bolt it on.
This will actually be the 3rd bumper I'll be putting on the truck (only time it was technically my fault). Most of the time the frame is fine. Unless you have tow hooks that might have been bent down or in, then you might want to straighten the area at the end of the frame where they mount. But if you don't have them or you're not replacing them then this won't matter as it will be covered by the bumper.

The parts that do tweak when you hit your bumper are the tubular supports on either side that brace the sides of the bumper, and possibly the support for the shell of the bumper on the inside. Take a good look at these before you just go ordering a new bumper, because you will bolt it up to the tweaked supports and it will not be even...ask me how I know

Pictures of the two pieces I'm talking about...

Old 06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

All ya need is a torch and a BFH to fix the frame

You're lucky it wasn't worse man, hopefully everything will get done soon though
Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

So I started hand blending the front portion of the flanges on the Magnacharger’s intake manifold to get them ready for paint. On the sides I ran into a problem, the edge of the top piece sat right on the edge of the wall that fell straight down to the injector holes. I didn’t want to just hand blend it at an angle, so I decided to mount it on the mill and shave a little off the sides to a nice crisp edge. I should be finishing off prepping everything for paint by this weekend into next week.

The last picture, toward the left you can see a little of the hand blending of the front of the manifold.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Now I'm pretty much done blending the intake manifold. Here are some other pics of the difference. Should paint up perfect now!

First pic is a before shot...

Old 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you planning on smoothing out the whole manifold (the casting bumps)?

Quick Reply: My 6.0 4L80E Build, So far...