Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to see ur finally tearing into it, if u need anymore help let me know i'de be willing to help ya out i helped my buddy with his, well atleast with the easy ****...

-Rob
Old 12-05-2007, 01:18 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
good to see ur finally tearing into it, if u need anymore help let me know i'de be willing to help ya out i helped my buddy with his, well atleast with the easy ****...

-Rob
Your more than welcome to come help me out Rob. And that way you'll get a better idea of what kinda shape the engine's in. Also I'm not sure what your friend wants but I'm gonna keep the Power steering an the A/C condensor as well as a few other accessories. But as far as the block, rotating assembly and tranny, if he wants it he can have it.
Let me know if you wanna stop by and help, you have my number!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

haha cant wait this is gonna be fun as hell.... well julien if fyou were looking to cut your teeth you sure picked one helluva starter first time project

but its gonna be bitchen
Old 12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
GFYS and STFU

Well I spent 3 hours today tooling around in the engine bay disconnecting, dismatling and destroying anything that was in my way. I hacked up the exhaust system in order to remove it. Most of the bolts had seized making it impossible to disconnect the headers from the rest of the exhaust.
Pretty sure I have everything disconnected so it shouldn't be too long before the engine goes clunk on my driveway, been working alot so I haven't had much time for the car. I'll get pictures up on monday when I get home from work.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:40 PM
GFYS and STFU

Hey shannon am I gonna have to drop the cross-member in order to get the engine out from the bottom or will the engine and tranny slide out in between the cross-member and firewall?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahah man 240's are fun we just went out drifting in my buddies stock 89 last night.. the slick snowy roads helped since that cars anemic but it really made me miss having a manual rwd car
Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for the Floor Mats DAWG???. j/p

Looks like it's gonna be a fun project. Make sure you give it a ricey sounding exhaust so you can lure in the prey. $$$$.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Your more than welcome to come help me out Rob. And that way you'll get a better idea of what kinda shape the engine's in. Also I'm not sure what your friend wants but I'm gonna keep the Power steering an the A/C condensor as well as a few other accessories. But as far as the block, rotating assembly and tranny, if he wants it he can have it.
Let me know if you wanna stop by and help, you have my number!
right on thnx for lettin me know and i dont think my buddy want all those accessories i think just the engine would be more then fine...

ill call u up latr today to see when we can start really tearing in to it and see wat i an help u and Shannon with...

-Rob
Old 12-11-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UnrthdxDream
hahah man 240's are fun we just went out drifting in my buddies stock 89 last night.. the slick snowy roads helped since that cars anemic but it really made me miss having a manual rwd car
ha ha yes they are.....i had one o got for free from my buddy running and everyhting! i tried to blow the ka but i couldnt....i even ran it out fo coolant about 12 times and it still didnt blow up! ran it with about 1 qt of oil and no coolant and a blown head gasket and it still wouldnt blow....wish i would have had n2o to throw at it! all and all wish i would have kept the car for a swap like this or soemthing!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol yeah my buddies 240 has about 240k on the clock and i thought it was gonna die this summer.. dont know how its still going the way we rag on it..

Quick Reply: My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project