Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
LOL, speak up you knuckle head!! Your the technical brains behind this operation, I'm just the dumb labor!!! Tomorrow I have nothing major planned and was gonna see about pulling the engine out! I ripped EVERYTHING out of the engine bay so it should be rather simple. I'm just gonna drop the cross member first and see what else catches!! LOL
MAKE SURE YOUR CAREFUL AND LOWER IT SLOWLY... I CANT REMEMBER FOR SURE BUT THE STRUTS/SUSPENSION MAY BE ATTATCHED TO THE ENGINE CRADLE.... IF THEY ARE, YOU WILL HAVE TO UNBOLT THE UPPER SUSPENSION MOUNTS, AND JUST GO SLOW IN CASE ANYTHING DOES HANG UP YOU CAN STOP
Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

This is the first time I have noticed this thread but im at work on my moto q so I cant read it all but if there is anything you need to know about this car just ask me cause im half ricer and im building my s13 as we speak but using a sr20det intead of a v8.

I dont know if any of your q's have been anwered but from what I saw on the first page is what motor code it is. Its a KA24DE OBD1 w/ 155hp (thumbs down) iron block. It weighs more than a LS1. The motor is not worth anything... well we sell them for 50-150 dollars in running condition. People turbo those motors and call them a KA-T and they are pretty strong usually around the 300whp range.

If you have not found the parts for the swap (mounts, driveshaft, custom headers...etc) I can talk to a guy named matt martin and find out all you need and where to gt it since he has a LS1 powered s13.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

I'm enjoying this thread and the motor isn't even out yet! Good luck with the swap!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
I'm enjoying this thread and the motor isn't even out yet! Good luck with the swap!
IT WILL BE SOON IF WE CAN GET JULIEN TO ACTUALLY DO IT...

I THINK JULIENS HAVING A LAZY DAY
Old 12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
IT WILL BE SOON IF WE CAN GET JULIEN TO ACTUALLY DO IT...

I THINK JULIENS HAVING A LAZY DAY
LOL it's COLD OUTSIDE!!!!

I'm such a little bitch aren't I!! Most of the guys on the boards are up in the Snow and I'm bitching about 60 degree weather!!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Mr.Slowhoe
This is the first time I have noticed this thread but im at work on my moto q so I cant read it all but if there is anything you need to know about this car just ask me cause im half ricer and im building my s13 as we speak but using a sr20det intead of a v8.

I dont know if any of your q's have been anwered but from what I saw on the first page is what motor code it is. Its a KA24DE OBD1 w/ 155hp (thumbs down) iron block. It weighs more than a LS1. The motor is not worth anything... well we sell them for 50-150 dollars in running condition. People turbo those motors and call them a KA-T and they are pretty strong usually around the 300whp range.

If you have not found the parts for the swap (mounts, driveshaft, custom headers...etc) I can talk to a guy named matt martin and find out all you need and where to gt it since he has a LS1 powered s13.
What's up Slowhoe!
Yeah I've figured out that the KA is a piece of junk so I know a guy that says he wants it so if he really does he can come and get it... (Rob)

And if Matt Martin is on the boards please have him post up or do so for him as I know I'd be interested to hear about how he made his work! Shannon and I have been looking around for swap kits and found a few but I've read some bad feedbacks on a few of the kits.
Good luck with your project!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

This is the first time I seen this thread. Seems like a fun project!!

Now, where are the pics???
Old 12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by j's01silverado
This is the first time I seen this thread. Seems like a fun project!!

Now, where are the pics???
Thanks Jason!! And the pics are in the first few posts knuckle head!!
Actually I stripped most of the engine and removed the exhaust on sunday so I should take more pics but tomorrow morning (If I get up) I'm gonna drop the engine!!
Wanna come down and help there buddy?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 AM
On The Tree

Are you gonna gut the interior or just leave everything not under the motor stock? You can get some cheap springs to lower it but it will cost 600 (knock off) up to 2k (jic fla2, silkroad) for coilovers cause drifting made em sky rocket.

What you gonna do about a transmission (manual or autotragic). Oh and on the brakes, if you go big power then those stockers gotta go lol. You can hunt down z32 brake calipers, skyline, J30 or Q's for a decent price over big brake kits and they are 4 piston instead of the stock 2.

Are you gonna go 5 lug or leave it 4 lug. Base model s14's are all 4 lug and SE models are 5 lug plus they have white face gauges and a spoiler.

Hey what do you want for the KA mafs cause mine is actin funky and I wanna see if thats the problem or if something else is gayin up on me.

I read up on matts build and he custom fabbed alot of his own stuff. But I found a FAQ V8 240 thread on zilvia. I will give you the link when I get on my computer.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 AM
GFYS and STFU

Are you gonna gut the interior or just leave everything not under the motor stock? You can get some cheap springs to lower it but it will cost 600 (knock off) up to 2k (jic fla2, silkroad) for coilovers cause drifting made em sky rocket.
Interior is most likely gonna stay gutted, if anything I'll put some carpet down over where the rear seats used to be to hide the under side of the car but other than that I don't see myself doing much. I'm gonna keep the passenger seat so Shannon (chevracer83) can practice his newly found tuning skillz with the new engine!

Before I start worrying about shocks I'm gonna focus on getting this bad boy up and running. Once she's moving under her own power then we'll move on to the shocks and at that point we'll figure out what we want to set them up to do...(i.e. track, drift, 1/4 mile...)

What you gonna do about a transmission (manual or autotragic). Oh and on the brakes, if you go big power then those stockers gotta go lol. You can hunt down z32 brake calipers, skyline, J30 or Q's for a decent price over big brake kits and they are 4 piston instead of the stock 2.
As much as I wanted to I don't think putting the transaxle from an older vette will be easy or wise. Shannon among others warned me against it so we're gonna put in a T56 and go from there. Didn't want the bad weight transfer but o-diggity!
Brakes...ummmm, who needs brakes!! haven't gotten that far yet, probably gonna use the stockers until the car's rolling around by herself.

Are you gonna go 5 lug or leave it 4 lug. Base model s14's are all 4 lug and SE models are 5 lug plus they have white face gauges and a spoiler.

Hey what do you want for the KA mafs cause mine is actin funky and I wanna see if thats the problem or if something else is gayin up on me.

I read up on matts build and he custom fabbed alot of his own stuff. But I found a FAQ V8 240 thread on zilvia. I will give you the link when I get on my computer.
When the drivetrain is complete and finished up to Shannon and I's liking I want to do a S15 conversion. That's down the line though, not here nor there...at least just yet.

Yeah let me know if you find that link. I'd love to fab up my own brackets but I'm sans welder so that might prove to be difficult.
Anyways, I'm off to bed so I can wake up and work on the 240 tomorrow.
Peace.

Quick Reply: My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project