Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Ohhhhh gotcha gotcha gotcha. Got mixed up with what you were saying. Ok so keep the white plastic reservoir that's attached to the PS pump and then the white canister that's in the bucket with the black bracket is the accumulator.
So I'll throw everything out except for the PS reservoir and the condenser which is the radiator looking thing.
damn bro... your on it.... we definitely gotta either hit sears or harbor freight and get you some half decent tools
Old 12-14-2007, 01:15 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
damn bro... your on it.... we definitely gotta either hit sears or harbor freight and get you some half decent tools
I talked to one of my uncle's today up in S.F. and he's a really big gear head (he's been building choppers and old school cars his whole life) and his brother, my other uncle is the regional manager for snap-on and runs across used but good tool sets all the time. They are interested in my snowmobiles so I'm gonna try to trade them the sleds for a full 1,xxx piece tool set.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

I talked to one of my uncle's today up in S.F. and he's a really big gear head (he's been building choppers and old school cars his whole life) and his brother, my other uncle is the regional manager for snap-on and runs across used but good tool sets all the time. They are interested in my snowmobiles so I'm gonna try to trade them the sleds for a full 1,xxx piece tool set.
i used to have a very very very very large assortment of snap on, Mac tools
Old 12-14-2007, 01:20 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
i used to have a very very very very large assortment of snap on, Mac tools
Yeah I remember you telling me that. Let's go steal them back!!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I remember you telling me that. Let's go steal them back!!
trust me if i couldnt get them back with the poplice there.... i dont think we could... hehe maybe take our secret weapon.... DAVE
Old 12-14-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I don't think it'll do your friend any good bro!! Sorry
oh no worries dude... i sent him a pic of it and he just started laughing but he said thnx for let me know. so any date set to really start all the big work on it???
Old 12-15-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Big props to you doing the swap, I really like the 240's, make great projects. Ive had 2 of them, and sold my 91' coupe before i figured out LS1's fit in them. I actually have a set of 1990 300ZX(aka Z32) brake calipers front and rear and hardware off a car I totalled. pm me if your interested, not looking for too much money. Try "JGY customs" on the net and also 240sx.org for other shops. That forum should have info on the swap also. Im gona follow this thread, should be a good one.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You still goin to need some of this stuff i got ?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
oh no worries dude... i sent him a pic of it and he just started laughing but he said thnx for let me know. so any date set to really start all the big work on it???
Nothing much/major is gonna happen until I get myself a set of proper tools. Talking to my uncle now (works for snap-on) and if that falls through Rex also said he'd go shopping with me when I need to get some tools.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:50 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by dkota1968
Big props to you doing the swap, I really like the 240's, make great projects. Ive had 2 of them, and sold my 91' coupe before i figured out LS1's fit in them. I actually have a set of 1990 300ZX(aka Z32) brake calipers front and rear and hardware off a car I totalled. pm me if your interested, not looking for too much money. Try "JGY customs" on the net and also 240sx.org for other shops. That forum should have info on the swap also. Im gona follow this thread, should be a good one.
Thanks bro! I might hit you up for those brakes at some point but it won't be for a while. I'm trying not to be one of those guys who has all the parts stacked up in his garage and ends up not using any of them. If you still have them when time comes I'll be sure to ****** them up from ya!

Quick Reply: My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project