Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is my exhaust system too restrictive for my 6.0L? :TECH ONLY:

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See attached log, this is the log of my best dyno run.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
2.hpl (21.7 KB, 167 views)
Old 10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes sir, this is a SD tune - no MAF for this guy
Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Are there any other guys knocking on the door of 400RWHP with the pacesetters and their supplied ORY?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking over you log, it looks like your O2 sensors are reading in the ~950+ the whole run... From what I remember 890 was roughly 12.9ish.... So it kinda looks like your running pretty rich.. I saw in your tune, your PE afr is roughly 12.9ish, so if your commanded does not equal your actual, then your fuel table is off to some degree... Also the offset between the right and left side O2 sensors usually points a bad ground on that side of teh motor... Just my .02.....
Old 10-27-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, the Wideband on the dynojet both places shows the fueling as being proper up until that point where the HP starts to fall off. I don't know if I would entirely trust the stock O2's up high. Are you also stating that since the odd cyl bank has a slightly lower stft's that there is a bad ground somewhere? I never did check the ground strap on the drivers side framerail that there was a TSB for. Do you think that's the problem? I also have a brake sensor soft code that will never go away for the right front brake sensor although my ABS works fine and everything. Also you mention about the fueling being off, if I'm getting 13.1:1 out of the entire run and I command 12.9, is this the VE table being off or power enrinchment settings?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not going to argue, just pointing out what I saw, if you don't agree thats fine... If the dyno used a tail pipe wideband sensor, I would not entirely trust that reading... Also many tuners use factory 02 sensors for setting up peoples tunes... I know one person on this board that went deep into the 12's without ever owning a WB... He tuned with factory 02 sensors... That is the way he was taught to tune by one of the board sponsers...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I tuned with my factory 02's to tune as well. I'm not arguing, I'm asking for some good input. I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just telling you what I know but if you can help me make it better, super. Let's not get too far off track on the original topic, where is the restriction?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Those TR224 are a dime a dozen on the for sale forum on Tech. $250 shipped all day long. A cam swap should be peanut work for you. I say change the cam out and get it redyno'd and then work from there. If you had a bad ground I would think you'd be having very weird symptoms. Granted, my bad ground was the huge ground off the battery to the engine block, but the weirdest things were happening (speakers popping when I unlocked the doors, turn signals popping up on the dash by themselves, tow/haul mode coming on by itself, etc).
Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I was on the dyno my wideband was a full point richer than the tailpipe wideband. Mine is a foot behind the turbo, theirs was by the rear axle. I trust mine over theres.

If actual AFR doesnt equal commanded, and since your SD, Your VE table is off.

Isnt 3 inch supposed to support up to like 500+ horses, based on the old exhaust pipe sheets floating aorund here somewhere.

lol I thought this thing was supposed to be too fast when the 6L was first installed......
Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really dont think the problem is the cam? you should try to figure out if something in the tune is wrong or maybe your exhaust like mentioned first before you swap cams,
by the way txsilverado just pushed 409rwhp with pacestters and ORY.... what size is the collector of your headers?

Quick Reply: Is my exhaust system too restrictive for my 6.0L? :TECH ONLY: