Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

MY Little V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb MY Little V6

Hey Guys i hope u can help me on this i have a 4.3 5speed and of course i want more power. Im thinking about a 4.8/5.3 or maybe a lt1 (ls1 cost to much) i dont have much money what is my best option can i use my trans on a 4.8? will i have to replace all my wiring too? thanx, Chris
Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

the 4.8 and 5.3's are LS1 based engines, just not the 5.7 that ur probably referring to. The easiest thing for u to do is sell the truck, and get a V8 truck, gonna cost less money and less hassle
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Will need engine mounts for a swap as well as a new pcm or have your current PCM reflashed you will also need a wiring harness for the new engine.
if you would choose to go with the 5.3 i would recomend just going all the way with a 6.0 now that you have your motor its time for exhaust because your 4.3 exhaust will not be compatible with the 8. now its time to buy headers and build a new exhaust setup. if your going to do this. Remember, performance does not come cheap! get ready to throw down at least a couple grand real quick to make this happen. As for as the Tranny goes i am unsure if it will bolt up directly to the new engine, i had a guy sware to me that the 4.3 tranny will not bolt up to the 8. Once you get all this power you want your going to probably want positive traction instead of a one wheel wonder this will require hundreds more.

Hope this helps
__________________________________________________ ______________

Does anyone know what parts off the 4.3 will bolt on to the 4.8
like alternator etc.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

all the front accessories would bolt on a Vortec 350 or Vortec 383, 396.

I can see why you would want to go with the GEN 3 engine however.

I would go with an L31 Vortec 350 over a LT1 engine out of a Camaro Firebird.
peace
Hog
Old 12-28-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Dont get discouraged. I love the 4.3's. I had an 01' RCSB auto that ran 15.1@88 after mods.

First off, lets talk free mod. Go take the intake tube off the TB and open the TB. See that half moon thing blocking one side? Cut it off! Take the 2 screws out and slide the blade out with the TB open. When you cut the half moon off be carefull not to make the hole that goes through it bigger, that controls the idle. This mod WILL give you a HUGE gain in throttle responce and top end.

Second, order the crank UD pulley. Its only $75 and is very noticable.

Third, as much as I dont like Jet Performance get a Stage II chip. It has the biggest gain AND you can stack it with the Hypertech meaning use both for a little more gain.

Fourth, get some 1.6 ratio rockers. They make the entire rpm range come alive with torque.

Fifth, a plain old K&N drop in filter.

These things made my 01' haul ***. It pulled pretty hard all the way up to 5500rpms.

If that fails, wynjammer superchargers are awsome and cost like $2k. Some S10 guys are hitting near 400rwhp with the 4.3's and these SC's.