Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

At my stage in the game would I beni from a vic jr

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

A cam wil give you what you're looking for.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:37 AM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The intake I have is a carb intake but there are several people that have run them on Tech from N/A, N2O, or FI with good success. I think that if you went with a single plane, a little better cam, and meth you wouldn't believe it. Because then you could up the boost or run at a safer level than you are now, the intake would flow better, and the cam would be better suited for a blower.I know you said it seems to like it, but why not have a custom cam made for your truck and KNOW the blower likes it? I think it would also help bleed some compression off if specd right, and the meth would make everything that much safer. You would likely run a smaller cam which would likely be able to rev a little higher, and take full advantage of the single plane's runners. The reason I got mine was because you have the intake and then all the volume it has, in addition to the elbow's volume
Old 12-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I say make your combo do what its supposed to do rather than changing parts before you reach its potential. You don't even really know where its making power or what times its capable of. Dyno it, work on suspension and then go from there. Once you max out what you've got, then go with a vic IMO... You'll be suprised what you can do with a stock truck intake.

Ps, if you're making 500ish rwhp (or so you think) you should be MUCH faster than a 12.3.... Your current combo needs work.... Get it on a dyno, see where the power is, do more engine and suspension tuning and then see where you stand.....
Old 12-12-2008, 05:52 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I say make your combo do what its supposed to do rather than changing parts before you reach its potential. You don't even really know where its making power or what times its capable of. Dyno it, work on suspension and then go from there. Once you max out what you've got, then go with a vic IMO... You'll be suprised what you can do with a stock truck intake.

Ps, if you're making 500ish rwhp (or so you think) you should be MUCH faster than a 12.3.... Your current combo needs work.... Get it on a dyno, see where the power is, do more engine and suspension tuning and then see where you stand.....
Again I totally see what your saying, I was just ref to the vic in general, if it would help in the hp dep.. And if teh 60ft and 8th was down it would have went much faster then it did. My times are slow, but the mph is high for the times. I agree that susp def needs a lil work..

John
Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Good that you aren't denying that lol... I'm just a believer of making a combo work together to its potential before you go changing hardware....
Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
The intake I have is a carb intake but there are several people that have run them on Tech from N/A, N2O, or FI with good success. I think that if you went with a single plane, a little better cam, and meth you wouldn't believe it. Because then you could up the boost or run at a safer level than you are now, the intake would flow better, and the cam would be better suited for a blower.I know you said it seems to like it, but why not have a custom cam made for your truck and KNOW the blower likes it? I think it would also help bleed some compression off if specd right, and the meth would make everything that much safer. You would likely run a smaller cam which would likely be able to rev a little higher, and take full advantage of the single plane's runners. The reason I got mine was because you have the intake and then all the volume it has, in addition to the elbow's volume

how is the your intake going to flow more air at 9psi than his at 9psi. as long as he is running the same pressure into the cylinders then the amount of air entering them is going to be the same.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, at your particular level of homo-ness... i would agree with silver-mod-o.

work out EVERY bug in your setup as it sits before you go changing ****. you might mess up and change the wrong **** not to mention, spending all that non-hard earned money.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
how is the your intake going to flow more air at 9psi than his at 9psi. as long as he is running the same pressure into the cylinders then the amount of air entering them is going to be the same.
Manifold pressure does not indicate how much you can fill the cylinders. If he goes with a bigger cam, better heads, better intake and still sees 9 lbs in the manifold he is moving more air.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
Manifold pressure does not indicate how much you can fill the cylinders. If he goes with a bigger cam, better heads, better intake and still sees 9 lbs in the manifold he is moving more air.

listen to this man.

if stuffing more pressure into the intake meant more power then you would see a bunch of stock engines running around with 20psi.

its the same idea of getting your heads ported to match your cam and adding a fast 90 or vic jr. you need to get everything to match, a single mod is only as good as its supporting mods.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sickREDsierra
John, at your particular level of homo-ness...

Quick Reply: At my stage in the game would I beni from a vic jr