Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My STS experience so far...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Please dont take this the wrong way but why the STS over the radix?
what is your preference, Radix?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sux dude

no matter how good it turns out
Its still the point of it

poor CS is poor CS
how hard is it to be somewhat organized
and spend 2 minutes sending a tracking #?
doesn't matter
if its a radix sts or an electric leaf blower...

Im goin thru something similar just
not as much $$$ but..

Ive learned my lesson
Im not buying anything else that cant be readily shipped
Old 03-09-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gamedawgx53
that sux dude

no matter how good it turns out
Its still the point of it

poor CS is poor CS
how hard is it to be somewhat organized
and spend 2 minutes sending a tracking #?
doesn't matter
if its a radix sts or an electric leaf blower...

Im goin thru something similar just
not as much $$$ but..

Ive learned my lesson
Im not buying anything else that cant be readily shipped
Yep, I agree 100%! I've always believed in perfect customer service. If you can't do that, do the best that you can. When that isn't good, then there is definitely something wrong!

LTNKLR01
That's terrible, a month and a half? The guy could have at least given you teh curtousy of saying "I'd love to build your engine, but know that I'll be out these dates...". I'm sure you would have still done it, but you'd be happy knowing you were at least told what is going on!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a note on customer service -- when I did my kit, I received such good CS that I posted one of those "best companies I've ever dealt with posts" and I absolutely mean it. I do know that since January they've had an exponential increase in orders (waaay over 50 per month) and I don't think they were prepared for it from a staffing point of view.

It's not really an excuse, but take it for what it's worth

BTW David is right, once you drive it...

BTW I actually got sideways from a 30mph roll at 50% tps in an AWD today That was pretty fun :thumbs:
Old 03-09-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Just a note on customer service -- when I did my kit, I received such good CS that I posted one of those "best companies I've ever dealt with posts" and I absolutely mean it. I do know that since January they've had an exponential increase in orders (waaay over 50 per month) and I don't think they were prepared for it from a staffing point of view.

It's not really an excuse, but take it for what it's worth

BTW David is right, once you drive it...

BTW I actually got sideways from a 30mph roll at 50% tps in an AWD today That was pretty fun :thumbs:
Yep, I wouldn't doubt it's the growth that's killing them right now. I called on a Monday, left a message. Then called back on Thursday and one of the guys said "oh yeah, I got your message a few days ago and haven't had a chance to call you back".

And quit teasing with power!!!!!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Default I wanna see!

Weedo I would love to check out your set up when its finished. We should meet up some time and head out to Firebird. Who are you having tune your truck? I am good friends with the best tunner in town let me know and I will hook you up with him. Also Kieth over at arizona dyno chip is great to deal with and has a awd wide band dyno. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:38 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Turboberserker said it for me

I hope everything goes well with your install so you can finally start to enjoy the money you spent

I can sypathize with them a bit as I am the only one at my shop that can return phone calls but I also have to help customers and do all the shipping & recieiving and that plays havok with my ability to call people back. I value customer service and sometimes I cant give it
Old 03-10-2005, 05:46 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Eric and Justin said, I think they just got swaped because of all the sales. Thats what happens when you have a succeful product. All the dealings i had with them were handled very quickly. Great CS. In fact Rick called me the other day just to chat and see how my kit was working for pulling my camper. It just looks like you caught them at a busy time. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Teching In

weedo, how much did it all cost? i've been looking into the STS but seeing that it starts out 5psi and then you have to add on to gain more, i'm just debating whether to do that or get a supercharger. another thing i was questioning was managing the turbo with the 4l80E. how well does that work? i'm just getting into the "forced induction" realm of tuning so i don't know too much about it all.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about the experience, but i know you cant wait to push that gas pedal I now how it feels to buy tons and tons of expensive parts and not get to use any of them yet I... *sniff* ... ... I .. *sniff* *sniff* i gotta go Yeah beleive me though I have alot of money in my project, and have been waiting for everything to get put together and bulletproofed its killing me Press the pedal to the floor for all of us waiting for parts and builders

Quick Reply: My STS experience so far...