Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My TT3000 sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My TT3000 sucks!

Well not really! I just can't get any traction at all now. Took it to the track tonight and ran a miserable 14.916 at 90.34mph with a 2.325 60' time. WTF! What happen to my 14.4s from last year. Traction! Traction! Traction! That is what! Time for me to get those slick or DRs now.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:19 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehehe. Yank should package their converters with ET Streets.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:28 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
Hehehe. Yank should package their converters with ET Streets.
or a tcase
Old 04-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Your time will improve as you get "used to it". You really can't power brake against the converter like before. I find if I just sit there idling, release the brake and mash the gas at the same time I can get a good launch on regular radials at the track. It still spins a bit on the street even using that method. I ran a BEST of a 14.98 before the converter, and with the converter ran a BEST of 14.57. I seem to have gotten around 4 tenths out of the converter alone. Everyone claimed around 4-5 tenths gain and thats about where I am at with it. Practice bringing it off, I guarantee your time will improve as you get used to it.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:09 AM
12 Second Club

not to sound like an a$$ but you guys will need to learn how to drive again. no longer can you just mash and go.you will need to learn techniques for launching.
this is how I beat 90% of the faster cars and trucks, because they dont know how to drive. being able to smoke the tires down is a cool thing too see but when you are racing you want as little as possible.I get a little wheel hop sometimes but it is quickly remedied, on the next pass. i'm running 2.02-2.11 60' times depending on circumstances
of course like you stated earlier, drag slicks/ ET slicks will help. and then some type of ladder bar too also air pressure has alot to do with it too.
but it is nice to feel the truck get up and move tho aint it
Old 04-11-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
drag slicks/ ET slicks will help. and then some type of ladder bar too also air pressure has alot to do with it too.
Are we talking Caltracs? Going to JEGs monday for either: MT ET Streets 26x10.5-16, 27x10.5-16, or the 28x11.5-16. I am going to take off my winter tires off the stock rims and put these slicks on them. Not really sure what size would be the best for my truck?
Old 04-11-2004, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

cal tracs will help.
with the wheel hop I have, I am having some ladder bars made for my ride.
I will let you know how they turn out
Old 04-11-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

cal tracs will help.
with the wheel hop I have, I am having some ladder bars made for my ride.
I will let you know how they turn out
I have had this idea, but havent mentioned it because i dont want to sound too stupid on this. Those ladder bars the lifted trucks use to stop axle wrap, why couldnt we use them on 2wd's? They would stop the axle from twisting, and wheel hop. And they mostly bolt directly on. Think this could be done?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
I have had this idea, but havent mentioned it because i dont want to sound too stupid on this. Those ladder bars the lifted trucks use to stop axle wrap, why couldnt we use them on 2wd's? They would stop the axle from twisting, and wheel hop. And they mostly bolt directly on. Think this could be done?
well I have had this idea too, and i am getting them for free so if they work then I'm one step ahead if not I guess I will be getting a set of cal-tracs
Old 04-12-2004, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Default Question about your truck?

not to sound like an a$$ but you guys will need to learn how to drive again. no longer can you just mash and go.you will need to learn techniques for launching.
this is how I beat 90% of the faster cars and trucks, because they dont know how to drive. being able to smoke the tires down is a cool thing too see but when you are racing you want as little as possible.I get a little wheel hop sometimes but it is quickly remedied, on the next pass. i'm running 2.02-2.11 60' times depending on circumstances
of course like you stated earlier, drag slicks/ ET slicks will help. and then some type of ladder bar too also air pressure has alot to do with it too.
Weren't you at the Southern Shootout last year? I was in the sloooowww red 4.8 rcsb GMC. I want a stall for my truck too, probably gonna go with the 3000 yank, but any help you could give me to help me reach the mid 14's would be nice. Do you still have a 4.8 in your truck? I just didn't think those times were possible on just motor for a 4.8. Right now i've got Flowmaster's, Hypertech, Edelbroke shorties, K&N kit, and all i can do is a 15.3 best

Quick Reply: My TT3000 sucks!