Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

my weiand experiment

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 09:30 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Im asuming that you dont have an on board wideband. Honestly I think 33degrees is excessive and since everyone runs leaner on the street vs a dyno and then you swapped the intake. You have alot of timing more air and it probably is leaner like rvg is saying
KR could account for the big variations in your runs also mph is a big indication and 101 with a low 13 sec pass seems off.

are you scanning them?
no I don't have a wide band, 33* timing is what I run with the truck intake or any other intake, never have put the truck on a dyno to tune it, there is no KR.

I guess I have no clue what i'm doing, I must be an idiot to think that logging it with auto tap is just a waste, like i've said in the last few post it didn't work for my application, if anyone want to buy it and use it pm me or let me know in this post.

what makes you think it has more air then the truck intake??

and you ask if im scanning them look at the post where you copied my post, no that was taken from the air lol haahhaaa.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 PM
v8

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
20 degrees isnt gonna make 4/10's of a difference thats alot.

4/10's is alot? the DA was 2000' when ap2002 went 13.9 and with a 20* temp drop and a DA of 500' it went 13.4 theres 5/10's so air does matter, why do people get better times in cold weather compared to hot weather, because its colder and better DA's.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry v8 didnt know you put that much time on the intake, Idk why but I was thinkin you put it on like a thursday and friday and had it off sunday, But their was actually more time inbetween.

IDK as much as you do but if I keep it simple in my head, that gets real hard listening to some of you, why didnt the more air up top help? Did you go to to good of a flowing intake? What about going the just the ls1 intake? Doesnt flow as good as the one you have or the ls6?

Im also still cant help to think that you have put a year on that setup you ahd, with truck intake, and gave the wieand no where near the time. But your still faster then me and im spraying a baby cam. lol Good luck sunday....
Old 10-16-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8
no I don't have a wide band, 33* timing is what I run with the truck intake or any other intake, never have put the truck on a dyno to tune it, there is no KR.

I guess I have no clue what i'm doing, I must be an idiot to think that logging it with auto tap is just a waste, like i've said in the last few post it didn't work for my application, if anyone want to buy it and use it pm me or let me know in this post.

what makes you think it has more air then the truck intake??

and you ask if im scanning them look at the post where you copied my post, no that was taken from the air lol haahhaaa.
Ive never used autotap dont know what it scans. Does it show KR?
I guess your being sarcastic saying you dont know what your doing, Im just asking questions and trying to figure out why you didnt see an improvement with an intake that flows more.
And yes it is an assumption saying it flows more than the truck but I think its a safe one being its based off an ls6 design and there are dynos showing an increase over the ls1 intake.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:33 AM
TECH Resident

One thing everyone that has lowered their vehicle needs to look into is getting their pinion and drivetrain angle right. I was having problems getting numbers out of a good setup until this was brought to my attention. After correcting the angles, my times improved by 2 tenths in the quarter the first time out, and sixty foots went from 1.84 to 1.73. The truck doesnt vibrate at all even up to 120 mph thus so far.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
One thing everyone that has lowered their vehicle needs to look into is getting their pinion and drivetrain angle right. I was having problems getting numbers out of a good setup until this was brought to my attention. After correcting the angles, my times improved by 2 tenths in the quarter the first time out, and sixty foots went from 1.84 to 1.73. The truck doesnt vibrate at all even up to 120 mph thus so far.
where the hell did that come from??!! Have you read the conversation?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:03 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
where the hell did that come from??!! Have you read the conversation?
umm kevin just recently lowered his truck also. that's probably why he's talking about traction associated with it.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
umm kevin just recently lowered his truck also. that's probably why he's talking about traction associated with it.
ok, I was trying to place where that fit in.... I thought I missed a whole page or something
Old 10-17-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
ok, I was trying to place where that fit in.... I thought I missed a whole page or something

makes two fo us. haha
Old 10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
v8

the truck was lowered when it went 12.90 with the truck intake and 1 week later with the weiand intake it went 13.20. Same DA on both runs.

yes auto tap reads KR, its the first version of efi live, just can't tune with it.

I could be wrong about efi and auto tap as a group.

Quick Reply: my weiand experiment