Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

N2O info

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N2O info

Sorry for how long it is. My friend is about to install a new nitrous kit on his 04 5.3L. Its a dry 100shot kit. He has no problem installing the kit, but he just had a few questions.

The First question is, He only has the push button switch, So how does it accually work?
Does that mean that Nitrous will spray any time the button is held down?
Or will it only allow a certin amount to come out each time its pushed?

The Second question is, When exactly should he spray the nitrous?
Should he just wait till he hits 2nd gear then hold down the button until its about to shift to 3rd?
Or can he just spray anytime the engine is over 3000RPMs?

The Third question is, The tranny is the 4l60e with a aftermarket shift kit, So how bad will it hurt the tranny?
He is going to try an not spray throu any of the shifts, but being new to nitrous he knowes he will probly mess up alittle.

An last question is? What kind of traction loss will he have?
If he sprays right when it shifts into 2nd will the tires still break loose an spin alot?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off I would tell him to buy a window switch(MSD makes one and some others) and a WOT switch(any of the n20 mfgs have them). If he has the window switch he can have it were it automaticlly cuts off before the shift and then kicks back in right after the shift! With the WOT switch the n20 wont even cut on untill he is at Wide Open Throttle and once he is the window swtich will cut on at say 3000rpm and then it will cut off at say 6000rpm(you can adjust the actual rpms) but not spraying during the shifts. So that takes care of 3 of your ?'s the traction deal if he doesnt spray untill 2nd I dont think he should ahve a problem on street or strip. If he just has the push button and is worrying about not spraying in 1st and throught he shifts its gonna take him a while to master that!