Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

need advice !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need advice !!!

ok heres how it goes i love my old setup and it does amaze me every time i drive it that it still is running strong after all the abuse but i am at 100,000 miles and stable in the money sitiuation so i want to ask for help on my decisions i am a auto tech so i am knowledgable so be a little. I am getting a 6.0 i want to know if i should run a 233 23X cam in this with some ported 6.0 heads i dont want the compression over 9.1 cause i am going to do a turbo soon home made when i get time. but i am going to be using 50 lb injectors with a big shot cause i love nitrous . i want to know who has the best rod bolts for some real high rpms and what kind of heads would be the best for this cause i am real open to your info and help with this.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pewter53
ok heres how it goes i love my old setup and it does amaze me every time i drive it that it still is running strong after all the abuse but i am at 100,000 miles and stable in the money sitiuation so i want to ask for help on my decisions i am a auto tech so i am knowledgable so be a little. I am getting a 6.0 i want to know if i should run a 233 23X cam in this with some ported 6.0 heads i dont want the compression over 9.1 cause i am going to do a turbo soon home made when i get time. but i am going to be using 50 lb injectors with a big shot cause i love nitrous . i want to know who has the best rod bolts for some real high rpms and what kind of heads would be the best for this cause i am real open to your info and help with this.
First question you should ask yourself should be..."how soon do i plan to do up the turbo?" It may help You decide if You want to go with an LQ4 or LQ9. If i was staying N/A even w/ the gas for a good while id be all over an LQ9 with a complimenting cam,heads, LT headers, intake/tb/injectors and it would be a really fun truck to drive! ARP makes some good bolts but as for cyl heads im sure someone will eventually chime in with some experience in that section of the package!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i like th elook and the way the arp's work i have put a set on a old style sbc they held good that was my first choice. thanks for the advice im thinknig no longer than 4 months on the turbo it will be in the shop till then unless i care it to the track and spray a 300 on it.