Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need advice. Dont want to touch engine just yet.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
exactly....

IMHO, you are making the wrong decision. Keep your current gears, and torque converter, get a blower cam from EPS or whoever, something like 212/220 on 117, throw on a tvs with a 3" pulley and have fun. You dont stand a chance against anything lighter and more power with an NA tahoe, and if you decide to go with big NA parts you are going to have more money into your setup than just getting a blower and its going to suck as a DD. Take it from a guy that has had more setups than most...slap on the blower with a cam and have fun.

Just read your sig, is this the first vehicle we are talking about with the 366? If so, and if the reason you dont want the TVS is because its too expensive, go with a used 1900 instead of the 2300. The 1900 will do fine on a 366 and will be an AWESOME daily driver with *** tons of torque off idle.
IMO I could have just pm you this question. Thats it in a nutshell. Yes its the 1st vehicle, its my Tahoe. I may go with a 1900 if I can grab my hands on one. But I really want a 2300 as you can tell. Im also going to look into the D1 procharger as well. I need to be very competitive, and my original plans still stand. Forced induction.

Thanks fellas, for getting me back on track, I guess I am going to order a trutrac LSD and NO gears. I was trying to contemplate getting a set of gears at the same time.

I guess I can swap gears on my 2nd truck to 4.56s, since its my toy project truck. Basically Ill drive it when I want to play. Which is a NA 6.7 liter, and is cam 219/227. Im going to go with a 400 trans in that truck though, with like 2600 converter.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeperlqx
nuff said. I would be very dissapointed after that....
this is true lol.

The parts you were looking at for NA would be nice but with your weight and wanting to be able to hang with "sports cars" as you said wont happen. Although if you did stay NA it would be a fun driver but you would not be pleased with the results vs anything remotely fast as stated.

If you are really serious about even hanging with remotely fast cars then a turbo / SC is the only way lol.

I took it that you ruled out FI completely, and wanted to still be able to DD the vehicle without going overboard, but hanging with the best of the best would require a massive stall and big cam staying NA and you would hate it as a DD.

Last edited by jrmchevyman; 04-19-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmchevyman
this is true lol.

The parts you were looking at for NA would be nice but with your weight and wanting to be able to hang with "sports cars" as you said wont happen. Although if you did stay NA it would be a fun driver but you would not be pleased with the results vs anything remotely fast as stated.

If you are really serious about even hanging with remotely fast cars then a turbo / SC is the only way lol.
yea, i know they would be nice, but I want spectacular. LOL. I need to stick with my plans for a TVS 2300 and about 750-800 RWHP!!

Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeperlqx
yea, i know they would be nice, but I want spectacular. LOL. I need to stick with my plans for a TVS 2300 and about 750-800 RWHP!!

lol you would be very pleased with a TVS. I wish I had a SC..