Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need exhaust/pipe help near Bakersfield!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need exhaust/pipe help near Bakersfield!!

Well I've called around to the shops here in town that I know do good work and told them what I needed but because it requires "modification of cats" no one will touch it. (up to $100,000 fine I guess if they are caught). Well I'm getting my long tubes put on within the next 2-4 weeks and need someone to do the pipes for me from the headers to the Y pipe and then possibly from the Y pipe to the muffler if necessary (currenty have factory Y and if the new Y can fit in the same spot no problems wont need anything past that). I was planning on removing the cats to help it flow better though which makes them not smog legal here in CA so need someone near Bakersfield who can help me with the little pipe I need and installing it. Let me know if you can or know someone who can! Thanks.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Good luck in your search, same issue here in Ridgecrest. If you do find someone please let me know
Old 06-15-2008, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Only person who I knew that could have helped you was Jason (WillysWanter), but he passed away. RIP.

I know Bob's Muffler is pretty decent with prices if you go to a shop. I know that King's Muffler is probably one of the best with quality installations but higher priced of course.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mds2004
Only person who I knew that could have helped you was Jason (WillysWanter), but he passed away. RIP.

I know Bob's Muffler is pretty decent with prices if you go to a shop. I know that King's Muffler is probably one of the best with quality installations but higher priced of course.
ive called kings he wont do it becuz its catless. i know rosedale performance radiator and muffler and bakersfield muffler will do it.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

I had Bakersfield Muffler do my 2.5" piping from the headers to the 2.5" cats and they did a great job.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Call Jim @ Cal Speed & Performance (formerly LS Innovations) he can do it. or I have a mig welder if you have all the bends, or go to No Muff and tell him that you want two setups, one for track only and one for street. The last option will require trailoring your truck to and from. Hit me up via PM and I'll give you my #, we can figure out something.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03chevy5.3rcsb
Call Jim @ Cal Speed & Performance (formerly LS Innovations) he can do it. or I have a mig welder if you have all the bends, or go to No Muff and tell him that you want two setups, one for track only and one for street. The last option will require trailoring your truck to and from. Hit me up via PM and I'll give you my #, we can figure out something.
Jims a great guy but backed up with work and who knows when itll get in or out for that matter.

My guy over at bakersfield muffler will do it, i doubt hell say hell do it over the phone but if i go talk to him he will
Old 06-16-2008, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Well I've called Steve @ No Muff who usually is my exhaust guy and he wont even touch it, Bob's Muffler is the next on the list but they were the ones who told me they can get fined upwards of $100,000 and he didn't want to jeopordize his business, I'm going to call Rosedale Performance and Bakersfield Muffler tomorrow and see what they can do for me. I'm telling them it's strictly a track truck over the phone so they will think it's a race application not a DD. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

evn if bakersfield muffler says no. i can get him to do it.. and if not, ive got a mig, tig and sick welder, a tubing bender. chop saw sawzall grinder plasma cutter torch and **** ton of other ****, so if comes down to it. ill do the damn thing
Old 06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Rosedale Performance said they can do it for me no problem. Didn't give me a price though but hell it's just a little pipe I'm sure it couldn't be that much. I couldn't get ahold of Bakersfield Muffler but maybe they had just stepped out for a sec. Either way anyone in Bakersfield or around it check with either Rosedale Performance or, as Parker is saying, Bakersfield Muffler and either one of them should be able to help you out. Thanks for the help guys.