Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Need fuel pressure regulator upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need fuel pressure regulator upgrade help

Anyone with experience on 02 k2500hd 6.0L fuel regulator upgrades replacement or mods? Customer has BBK tb, air intake, computer repro,and Granatelli mass air sensor. He's getting a lean misfire code and he would like to increase fuel pressure but I'm not sure what the best upgrade would be. Aeromotive has a regulator with #6 an inlet and outlets. I don't know what his fuel line setup would involve to install this as I haven't seen the truck. I'm dealing with the GM service manager and not the actual customer. anyone help to save mistakes appreciated. ..thanks.........qtr
Old 04-05-2003, 05:46 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need fuel pressure regulator upgrade help

sounds like he needs a beter program to me. you can chage it a little with a fuel presure change but there are much better ways to do it.

i am not 100%sure if all trucks are like this but my truck allready has an adjustable fuel presure regulator, i have turned mine up before and was able to bump it up about 5psi.

alot of people get codes when they run a granali and a program together, they both tend to lean it out and together it is too much, if you dump the after market mass air you problem will probably go away.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Banned

parish, how do you turn up the stock regulator? it's on the fuel rail is it not? clue me in here man.

Matt
Old 04-05-2003, 11:31 PM
single digit dreamer

yea, it's on the rail, you need a small security torx to adjust it. i went to sears a got an entire set of security torx tips for just a few bucks.

you cant turn it up much and the higher the presure you run the less volume your fuel pump will be able to put out. i don't see any benifit to adjusting it if you have ls1edit.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Parish8,

What's the lsiedit that you mention above? I'm new to the computer upgrade lingo. I've been dragracing 30 years but using carbs naturally aspirated and now I'm starting to get into the prochargers with efi for my 55 Chev. BBC. What an experience and the cost is endless. ...qtr
Old 04-06-2003, 08:17 PM
single digit dreamer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by qtrmiler:
<strong> Parish8,

What's the lsiedit that you mention above? I'm new to the computer upgrade lingo. I've been dragracing 30 years but using carbs naturally aspirated and now I'm starting to get into the prochargers with efi for my 55 Chev. BBC. What an experience and the cost is endless. ...qtr </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it is a realy cool program that lets you reprogram your computer as many times as you like, from the simple stuff like shift points and rev limiters to the more extreme like timing charts and fuel mixture. it only works on ls1 based motors like 99 and newer truck, 98 and newer camaros and 97 and newer vettes.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Parish,

Where do you go to purchase the ls1edit programmer? and the cost is? thanks for your time..qtr
Old 04-13-2003, 01:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

http://carputing.com/